Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   EQ owners, please notice User Defined Topic List (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/eq-owners-please-notice-user-defined-topic-list-t90556.html)

seweasy 01-14-2011 05:01 PM

Hi! Whoever put my post there, Thank You! I know very little about my software and could use some help but I don't know anyone who owns it to go to for help. Please if you own the software, post which version you have, are you having any trouble with it or are you good at setting up your quilt designs.
I have version 5. There are have been some family issues that have kept me from spending any time to learn how to use the software, so now there are no tutorials available and as I shared with Amma; I wasn't told to disappear because I hadn't upgraded but it was more like " what is wrong that you didn't want to upgrade". To be honest, I didn't know that there was a version 7 until recently!
This is what lead me to ask why and where could we have a section for the Eq questions. Please check the list often and if you can help please post. And if you learned something new, post about it. Never know who it might help!

frugalfabrics 01-14-2011 05:47 PM

I have EQ5 also...and frankly I haven't learned it enough to want to upgrade...don't feel bad. I've had it for 3 years and still don't know how to fully use it.

weezie 01-14-2011 05:58 PM

I too have EQ5; I wasn't keen on getting any quilt design software at all so I bought the EQ5, rather than EQ6, so as to keep my cost low (+ the EQ7 was not born yet). I've had EQ5 for close to 2 years and have only "played" with it 2 or 3 times, so obviously I am as uninterested in it as I thought I would be. I only hope that sometime before I die, I'll find it useful, even if it's only one time.

sharkee 01-14-2011 06:23 PM

I just got EQ7 and am taking a class thru quiltuniversity.com to learn how to use it. So far I am having a lot of fun but I have only been in it a week

frugalfabrics 01-14-2011 06:26 PM

so then there still is hope for me...lol.

I agree with *weeze*...I must not have been interested in it enough, or else I would have taken the time to learn it.

pstoner 01-14-2011 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by seweasy
Hi! Whoever put my post there, Thank You! I know very little about my software and could use some help but I don't know anyone who owns it to go to for help. Please if you own the software, post which version you have, are you having any trouble with it or are you good at setting up your quilt designs.
I have version 5. There are have been some family issues that have kept me from spending any time to learn how to use the software, so now there are no tutorials available and as I shared with Amma; I wasn't told to disappear because I hadn't upgraded but it was more like " what is wrong that you didn't want to upgrade". To be honest, I didn't know that there was a version 7 until recently!
This is what lead me to ask why and where could we have a section for the Eq questions. Please check the list often and if you can help please post. And if you learned something new, post about it. Never know who it might help!

I am not proficient enough on my EQ7 to teach or assist, still learning, do you have the book that comes with the program? I am going through the lessons, it helps Also there is a Yahoo group on EQ5,6,7-check it out there is alot of information there as well.

seweasy 01-14-2011 08:01 PM

Hi! I've gone through Getting Started book about a year ago but because of family problems I didn't do alot with what I had learned so I forgot most of it. I did find on a used book site a copy of EQ5 Simplified for eight dollars. Wonder if that would help?
I was hoping someone who is proficient in V5 might give us some tips. I know when I first starting with the manual, it seemed overwhelming but I tried to do one page at a time, not looking to far ahead to get confused seemed to help.
I'd like to learn enough that I could use EQ to plan out a quilt with the blocks and get some idea what the quilt would look like. Not interested in adding fabrics, not sure I could find what I had selected.
I'm thinking I'm going to stick with V5 for a while, and going to look into Block Base because it has so many blocks in its directory and maybe Town and Country Patchwork.
Please keep posting and hopes someone might come over and help us. I think it might be fun to try to help each other, and encourage each other. Take care, Chris

JAGSD 01-14-2011 09:02 PM

I have EQ5 too, but also don't know much about it. I have gotten a couple of books thru ABE Books fairly cheap, now just need the time to do and read them.lol

greensleeves 01-14-2011 09:06 PM

I have EQ7 and am still learning-I have upgraded each time since the original EQ and learn a bit more each time. I don't spend a lot of time with it but find it useful for a number of things. Probably couldn't help much, I just refer to book or tutorials when I need to know something.

UglyCook 01-14-2011 09:17 PM

I have EQ6 and just loaded my EQ7 upgrade. I love the program. I got a good start over at Quilt University.