Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   EQ5...Text? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/eq5-text-t15231.html)

sandpat 01-10-2009 06:37 AM

I am working on a baby quilt and would like to applique words into some of the blocks. I can't find anyway to do that except to go to Paint and type something, then save as Bmp...then import. Surely there is a way to do this other than that...do you know?

patricej 01-10-2009 07:28 AM

use any word processing program. pick the font you want. increase the font until the letters are the size you want. print, and cut them out to use as templates.

auntluc 01-10-2009 08:39 AM

sandpat...are you trying to figure out how to use eq5 to make applique letters?
In eq6 you can applique text for templates to get the patterns for each letter.

Izy 01-10-2009 08:44 AM

Sandpat...I just open a doc, type what word I want, hightlight it, then scroll thru all the fonts until I find one that I like, enlarge it to the size, and trace it off the screen...saves all that ink as most fonts are solid :D

sandpat 01-10-2009 09:29 AM

Thanks loads . I know I can do that..I was wanting to put it on the quilt so that I could email a complete design to a friend who wants me to make one for her (prior to 2-10) I suppose.

auntluc 01-10-2009 10:08 AM

If you have a "set applique text" button on your eq5 program you should be able to add text to your quilt. If it doesn't show up on your tool bar on the right hand side of your screen you may have to add it to your default settings.

sandpat 01-10-2009 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by auntluc
If you have a "set applique text" button on your eq5 program you should be able to add text to your quilt. If it doesn't show up on your tool bar on the right hand side of your screen you may have to add it to your default settings.

Ok..it isn't showing on my current tool bar, but I'll start the hunt for it. I just know that somewhere you have to be able to add appliqe text on a quilt with this program!! :?

auntluc 01-10-2009 01:47 PM

sandpat...look on your tool bar on the right hand side of your screen.
The set applique text button may not be one of your default buttons but you can add it if you click the add/remove button at the bottom of the tool bar. Look for a square button with a capital T on it...that's your text button. You also need to be on layer 2 on your quilt design to add applique text.

sandpat 01-11-2009 06:21 AM

Now I see the problem aunt luc....you have EQ6...I am working on EQ5. I have gone back several times to try to find the add/remove button so I could put the Text button on the bar and its just not where I can find it. I may call on Monday to see if I'm an idiot or what.

For now...I used the pieced alphabet and just colored the entire block as the background leaving the letter in another fabric...it works pretty good.

Thanks for trying to help me!!

Patti