Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   EQ7 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/eq7-t85340.html)

amma 12-26-2010 07:53 PM

I like to put the quilt up and then stand back a ways and look at it...
You are right... it is sooo easy to get lost in this program LOL So many options to play with.
You will get the hang of the program, the more you use it, and will find yourself reaching for the manual less and less :D:D:D

cheryl rearick 12-27-2010 01:22 AM

Have fun

tall2 12-27-2010 07:20 AM

I purchased EQ6 last summer, havent gotten farther than chaper 6 in the trainning book(not enough time in the day or night). It seems sorta easy, but Im getting it confused with my other design programs!! Love to scroll thru the blocks and pick out one and make it into something. Ive tried the drawing part but, all my blocks that I have made have been done already by someone else?? rats.....

tall2

AnnieH 12-27-2010 07:25 AM

I just 'googled' it. Looks amazing. Hope you enjoy it and your coming trip.
Annie

Browngirl 12-27-2010 08:39 AM

I bought 5 and never used it after it was installed. So when 7 came available at a good price and I thought it was suppose to be more user friendly I got it. I need a class. I don't want it to just be like my other software.

featherweight 12-27-2010 09:05 AM

Have EQ5 installed and have never used it. I have looked at some of the patterns. I guess I figure with all the patterns out there, why do I need to design one?

Browngirl 12-27-2010 09:09 AM

What made you get EQ5? I wanted to make applique patterns. Yea right. Have not did one thing with it.

featherweight 12-27-2010 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Browngirl
What made you get EQ5? I wanted to make applique patterns. Yea right. Have not did one thing with it.

I got EQ5 as my friend gave it to me. I wouldn't have bought one as I said earlier I will just buy the pattern. I may learn to use it but haven't had enough time to mess with it. Maybe on the bottom of my to-do list.LOL

gypsylady5 12-27-2010 01:17 PM

I agree with needing a class. There are so many new things to do with this program, that I would love to have a hands-on class. Its just too hard to juggle the book and do the things on the computer that I haven't even tried. Maybe in 2011 I can find a class near me.

gale 12-27-2010 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by featherweight
Have EQ5 installed and have never used it. I have looked at some of the patterns. I guess I figure with all the patterns out there, why do I need to design one?

I rarely design a pattern in EQ but I love it for figuring out where I want the colors to go. Also, I had some fabric and I was able to work up a quilt in EQ that needed the right amounts to use all of the fabric. I think I had a yard here, a yard and a half there, a half yard, etc. I was able to use all but maybe 1/4 yard. I did this by picking out the pattern I wanted and kept swapping the colors and checking the yardage until it matched what I had on hand.