Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   ermmmm a bit of a crisis here; where can you get extra screws for ur sewing machine??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ermmmm-bit-crisis-here%3B-where-can-you-get-extra-screws-ur-sewing-machine-t25426.html)

sunnyhope 09-13-2009 03:22 PM

I v just really thorougly cleanedmy machine, however it is no way to open to front panel where the threading is done and that bugs be cause i ms ure there are lots of dirt there................

anyway i did put all my screws very nicely on a plate next to me so they wouldnt get lost but ofcourse now i cant find the one i need(there is 2 in total) to fasten the metal plate thingy where the needle action is sooooooooooooo where do i get a new one :oops:

i m really annoyd now cause i wanted to sew more but i dont dare sewing a thing before all the screws are fasten and in place.
I honestly dont think its any loose screws inside the machine, the only loose ones i know for sure about is the ones in my head :mrgreen:

krabadan 09-13-2009 03:43 PM

I lost one of mine for the plate too but it seems to stay on using only one.

Shelley 09-13-2009 03:47 PM

Check a sewing machine repair shop. They'll have all the little screws.

I picked up a sewing machine for my 10yo daughter at a yard sale. It was missing the thread tension spring and screw. I bought both (instead of a whole new bobbing case) for $2.50. The case would have cost me between 10 and 20 and since I wasn't even sure if the machine worked well or not, I thought I'd give this a try. BYW...she's sewing on the machine.

amandasgramma 09-13-2009 04:01 PM

hmmmmmm did you pick the sewing machine up and turn it over and SHAKE hard????? may have fallen down in??????

sunnyhope 09-13-2009 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
hmmmmmm did you pick the sewing machine up and turn it over and SHAKE hard????? may have fallen down in??????

I might open it again and do that but now the birthday girl is tireeeeeeeeeeeeeed :wink:

mcdaniel023 09-13-2009 04:32 PM

I did the same thing. I have made 5 tops and FMQuilted 2 with only one plate screw. It does make it louder. But, no other problems. There is not repairman in town. So, one screw it is.

sunnyhope 09-13-2009 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
I did the same thing. I have made 5 tops and FMQuilted 2 with only one plate screw. It does make it louder. But, no other problems. There is not repairman in town. So, one screw it is.

LOl; do u want one if i go and get one for mine..............

mcdaniel023 09-13-2009 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by sunnyhope

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023

LOl; do u want one if i go and get one for mine..............

:lol: Thanks, but, surely I will eventually find one in the U.S.
I really would like to know how those screws just got up and walked away.

Moonpi 09-13-2009 06:01 PM

Some older machines have extra holes where you can put attachments. I'm wondering if you put a screw where there wasn't one before.

littlehud 09-13-2009 06:28 PM

This sounds like something I would do. Isn't it frustrating.