Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   etsy people again - sorry about all the questions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/etsy-people-again-sorry-about-all-questions-t175892.html)

coldquilter 01-16-2012 05:06 PM

etsy people again - sorry about all the questions

Ok - thanks to all the people who formerly answered the etsy questions but I have one more. I have spent a lot of time trying to get set up and such but I still can't seem to find a good answer for how I get paid. I realize that you register for paypal and stuff but exactly how do you get paid when an item sells. I guess more specifically, does paypal just put money on a credit card or do they actually send you a check or money order or something. Thanks so much again in advance.

auntpiggylpn 01-16-2012 05:28 PM

Got to paypal.com and read up on how you get the payment. You can link your paypal account to your bank account.

janetter 01-16-2012 05:32 PM

Auntpiggylpn is right to say you can link in to your bank accounts. Worth the read

hperttula123 01-16-2012 05:36 PM

I have mine set up that I can transfer the money into my bank acct. Usually, I just leave it in paypal and use that for my sewing spending. :) You can request a check, but there is a fee. I can't remember how much it is. :)

deedum 01-16-2012 05:41 PM

You have to pay taxes according to your state correct? Unlike ebay.

Scissor Queen 01-16-2012 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by deedum (Post 4881889)
You have to pay taxes according to your state correct? Unlike ebay.

Why would you think etsy and ebay are different regarding taxes? The same rules apply no matter where you're selling.

Scissor Queen 01-16-2012 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by coldquilter (Post 4881795)
Ok - thanks to all the people who formerly answered the etsy questions but I have one more. I have spent a lot of time trying to get set up and such but I still can't seem to find a good answer for how I get paid. I realize that you register for paypal and stuff but exactly how do you get paid when an item sells. I guess more specifically, does paypal just put money on a credit card or do they actually send you a check or money order or something. Thanks so much again in advance.

I have a paypal debit card. But generally you can pay for things with your paypal account and spend your money that way.

bigsister63 01-18-2012 12:25 PM

Buyers on etsy pay directly into your paypal account. and paypal takes their fee directly out of this account. Etsy only uses paypal. You can have this account tied to your checking account or credit card. You can transfer out money from paypal to your bank anytime on line but it takes several days to get to your bank account. You can also transfere money INTO your paypal account but that to takes several days to get into you PP account but of course it comes immediately out of your bank account or CC. Paypal sends you a email stating that money has been deposited into your account so this is one way that you knbow that you have had a sale.