Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   For every door that closes, another one opens...... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/every-door-closes-another-one-opens-t181487.html)

Jan in FL 03-03-2012 09:14 AM

For every door that closes, another one opens......

I guess this saying is quite true. I went to my LQS in Lakeland, Florida, The Patchwork Pig, this morning to find a sign on the door that said the owner is retiring. All fabric was $5 per yard and all notions/books/patterns/kits, etc were 50% off. I had not planned to shop to that extent - nor was I in the mood after hearing this sad news, but, nevertheless - we force ourselves when we must.....so I did.

On a brighter note, the ladies who work there have another opportunity because another LQS from a nearby town, Heartfelt Quilting, is opening a second location in Lakeland! One of the ladies told me she had spoken to the owner this morning.

So it looks like I won't have to split my time between the two shops and the most wonderful staff will still be around for me to see each time I go in! PLUS, I got so much backing and fabrics today that I had not planned on getting - my stash basically doubled today.......and I think I might go back again......

RedGarnet222 03-03-2012 09:22 AM

Good for you jan! I really hate it when a lqs closes. It is almost like losing a good friend.

JUNEC 03-03-2012 09:28 AM

Congrats on your new stash of fabric - would love to see some pics of what you got.
Although it is always sad to hear that a LQS is closing - I am glad that you will have a new LQS coming into your area.

dunster 03-03-2012 10:21 AM

"we force ourselves when we must.....so I did."

LOL - what a great excuse for shopping.

21quilter 03-03-2012 12:07 PM

I have been to the Patchwork Pig. It was a cute store.....loved the building that they were in. When visiting family, I came across the store. Sorry to hear the store closing....hope the owner has a happy retirement! :)

sewingsuz 03-03-2012 02:45 PM

Enjoy your new stash and I am glad the staff found new place to work.

Tweety2911 03-03-2012 04:46 PM

How wonderful to be able to deal with the same people. Always delightfull being able to take advantage of a bargain. Congrats on doubling your stash. Now is the time to load up on backing fabrics.

jillnjo 03-03-2012 05:00 PM

Have fun with your new fabric stash!! I went to our Wal-mart this evening and was really surprised to find lots of new bolts of fabric and a few of them were LQS quality, soft and thick and really pretty. Others were not quite that nice, but still not bad material. Fun to pick a few pieces up.

nana20010 03-05-2012 03:50 AM

how much do they still have are did u buy the out love that store my have to come ssee them befor its all gone live up the road from lakeland

Fabricbug 03-05-2012 04:45 AM

Jan did they say when the store was closing? I'm heading down there on the 15th. I love both of those stores. Granny's Attic was a good one to but they've been closed for a long time. I was planning on visiting them they are soo nice there! Becky