Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Excellent service! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/excellent-service-t204061.html)

morforles 10-23-2012 06:00 PM

Excellent service!

Earlier in the year I joined a BOM with Keepsake Quilting for a quilt pattern named TAOS. It has been a trial for me because I'm rather a newbie but the fabric is gorgeous. It seems that KQ has had a terrible time getting the fabric and no longer have any left. Naturally, I make a mistake in my cutting and needed more fabric so they told me to try Robert Kaufman. I emailed RK and have received numerous return emails from Sandie, the Service Manager, offering suggestions and actually sending me fabric to see if it was what I needed. It wasn't sadly, but I had sent swatches of my fabric to her and she thinks she found it on a web site! The web is sending me a swatch so I can only hope. Sandie went out of her way to help me in a friendly manner. She didn't have to go to all the trouble for me but she did. I will always look to Robert Kaufman fabric first because of her kindness. As always, a little kindness goes a long way!
Leslie

NikkiLu 10-23-2012 06:10 PM

WOW - that is great service - above and beyond - hope you do find what you are looking for.

Sdwill 10-23-2012 06:30 PM

I agree, a little kindness goes a long way. Glad that Sandie went above and beyond for you.

auntpiggylpn 10-23-2012 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by morforles (Post 5607726)
Earlier in the year I joined a BOM with Keepsake Quilting for a quilt pattern named TAOS. It has been a trial for me because I'm rather a newbie but the fabric is gorgeous. It seems that KQ has had a terrible time getting the fabric and no longer have any left. Naturally, I make a mistake in my cutting and needed more fabric so they told me to try Robert Kaufman. I emailed RK and have received numerous return emails from Sandie, the Service Manager, offering suggestions and actually sending me fabric to see if it was what I needed. It wasn't sadly, but I had sent swatches of my fabric to her and she thinks she found it on a web site! The web is sending me a swatch so I can only hope. Sandie went out of her way to help me in a friendly manner. She didn't have to go to all the trouble for me but she did. I will always look to Robert Kaufman fabric first because of her kindness. As always, a little kindness goes a long way!
Leslie

Robert Kaufman is awesome! I had purchased 2 identical quilt kits from an online quilt shop but the kits came pre made from Robert Kaufman. I was shorted the same fabric in both kits. I contacted the online shop and they didn't have anymore of the fabric but suggested that I contact Robert Kaufman. I did and their customer service was out of this world. They actually sent me 2 yards of the fabric I needed (only 1/2 yard was required for each kit) and because I was trying to get these done for Christmas and it was the end of November, they over nighted the fabric to me - At absolutely NO COST to me! The really have great customer service perfected!!! I have always been a fan of Robert Kaufman fabrics because of their quality but their customer service has insured I will always look at RK fabrics first!

Lori S 10-23-2012 06:34 PM

So glad you got such good service. Just a thought if you still need to locate post "in search of " section of this board.

teddysmom 10-24-2012 02:53 AM

I've always had good service from KQ but never to that extreme. It's good to know if I ever experience a real problem like yours.

ArtsyOne 10-24-2012 03:02 AM

Thanks so much for posting about your experience - it's always good to know about companies who care about their customers.

tezell0801 10-24-2012 03:52 AM

Very Good to know. I hope they can find what you need.

Jan in VA 10-24-2012 06:49 AM

It's awesome RK was so helpful! It helps that many of the personnel at these places are also sewers and quilters....they "get" us!!

Jan in VA

morforles 10-24-2012 07:21 AM

Thank you Lori! Silly me, I never thought of that!!

Leslie