Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   F******ed projects (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/f%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2Aed-projects-t1234.html)

k_jupiter 06-11-2007 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by mpeters1200
Oh, before I forget:

Tim and Patrice...you were right, I can make quilts bigger than lap size. Thanks for all your encouragement!!

Them fabrics look like something out of my quilt stash. ( I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of a quilt stash, but if I had one, those fabrics would be right at home) Nice work.

Go gettum.

tim

mpeters1200 06-11-2007 04:44 PM

Thanks again...now that the quilt is over I have a stash now. I have a whole lot of extra fabric and I'm not thrilled with what any of them look like. Just not my style...but I'm sure I'll put each of them to use someday.

SandraJennings 06-11-2007 05:55 PM

That is definitely the beginnings of a stash.....especially the I am sure....someday! :D

mpeters1200 06-12-2007 09:03 AM

I've never been one to purchase more fabric than I need. Well...just a little bit to cover shrinkage and my warped sewing. I dont' buy fabric that I think looks neat or anything like that. It's mostly a storage problem. I have no where to put it. Just garbage bag after garbage bag of fabric.... I tend to go to the store with my pattern to make sure I buy just enough.

patricej 06-12-2007 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by mpeters1200
Oh, before I forget:

Tim and Patrice...you were right, I can make quilts bigger than lap size. Thanks for all your encouragement!!

you are very welcome.

that's a great top. you made those fabrics work and play well together. looking forward to photos of the [what-you-call-it-when-it-isn't-a-UFO-anymore] quilt

yep ... those are definitely "Tim-type" fabrics. I can see the shirts now ...

sometimes it's good to pinch your nose and dive into fabrics you wouldn't normally use. the process often gives a few pleasant surprises along the way. (I wouldn't want him to know i said so, but i'm even starting to like some of the combinations tim uses. shhhhhhh!!!! don't tell.)

k_jupiter 06-12-2007 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ

yep ... those are definitely "Tim-type" fabrics. I can see the shirts now ...

sometimes it's good to pinch your nose and dive into fabrics you wouldn't normally use. the process often gives a few pleasant surprises along the way. (I wouldn't want him to know i said so, but i'm even starting to like some of the combinations tim uses. shhhhhhh!!!! don't tell.)

I won't tell.

tim in san jose

Marybeth 06-12-2007 04:03 PM

I took a class this winter for beginning quilters and was determined to select my fabrics from the sale rack.I ended up with nice fabrics but not what would have been my first choice.

The quilt turned out better than I ever thought it would.

Sometimes leaving your comfort zone is a good thing, scary, but good

Marybeth

mpeters1200 06-12-2007 04:51 PM

4 of the 7 pieces used were fabrics from projects she had done in the past. 1 was a bed skirt, 1 was going to be a blouse/skirt combo she never made, 1 was placemats and napkins, and 1 was home made sheets. Then the border and backing fabric I had 28 feet or so given to me as they were curtains she never used because they didn't match the color scheme in that room. She has loved all things western/native american since I've known here. About 21 years or so. Her mom gave me all the fabric plus tons I didn't use over the last 3 years. In the beginning, all she sent was a pattern, a swatch of the backing material, and a note. Now it's planned for a big surprise. She won't be at our high school reunion this fall, which is the next time I go home..So I'll have to send it to her and say surprise!!

Again, thank you for the encouragement. I remember not too long ago someone saying to just dive into a pattern for my next project. I'm not sure if it's beginner or not, but the instructions, after reading them over about 25 times, seem to explain it all out...I've bought all the fabrics now and just hvae to start. Probably this week some time.