Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   fabric yardage (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-yardage-t8576.html)

ladybugquilter 06-29-2008 02:10 AM

I have a question. I have 3 1/2 yards of my grandmothers fabric. I really love it for two reasons it was hers and the pattern. I have yet to use it as I have not found that special project yet. Yet after looking at some old post I saw that someone had made a ladybug bed quilt, which I loved. I now want to make a similar quilt but wall hanging size for my sewing room. I will probably use at the most a half of yard, leaving 3yds. My question is should this be enough fabric when I find that perfect project or should I wait. The wall hanging will be really special as I have lost both my mom and grandmother (her mom). When Grammie passed my mom inherited her fabric and then I. My mom truely believed in the good luck power of ladybugs, thus my name. Can anyone offer suggestions?

beachlady 06-29-2008 05:38 AM

Ladybug, I don't have an answer, but I am sure someone will. Your comments brought tears to me eyes. Good luck!!

quiltwoman 06-29-2008 05:47 AM

What does your grandmother's fabric look like?

redrummy 06-29-2008 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by ladybugquilter
I have a question. I have 3 1/2 yards of my grandmothers fabric. I really love it for two reasons it was hers and the pattern. I have yet to use it as I have not found that special project yet. Yet after looking at some old post I saw that someone had made a ladybug bed quilt, which I loved. I now want to make a similar quilt but wall hanging size for my sewing room. I will probably use at the most a half of yard, leaving 3yds. My question is should this be enough fabric when I find that perfect project or should I wait. The wall hanging will be really special as I have lost both my mom and grandmother (her mom). When Grammie passed my mom inherited her fabric and then I. My mom truely believed in the good luck power of ladybugs, thus my name. Can anyone offer suggestions?

It all depends on what you decide to do as the project. You can make 3 yards work with it if you choose. what are you interested in doing with it?

patricej 06-29-2008 09:39 AM

i'm sure you'll eventually find a pattern you love for which 3 yards will be enough. make the wall hanging to remember them now. make the quilt to remember them again and for always. :-)

ladybugquilter 06-29-2008 04:05 PM

Thank you all for the wonderful comments.

ladybugquilter 06-29-2008 04:07 PM

quiltwoman,

The fabric is red with with little yellow flowers. I don't know when she purchased other than the tag states 1.14/yd.

bebe 06-29-2008 05:38 PM

Can you post a pic of the fabric???? Maybe I will get an idea for you!!!!

ladybugquilter 06-29-2008 06:22 PM

i will try,thanks

kd124 06-30-2008 09:56 PM

I love the idea of a ladybug wall hanging. It is a very touching.