Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   farmers wife and EQ6 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/farmers-wife-eq6-t116019.html)

luvrazz 04-14-2011 06:35 AM

I purchased the Farmers wife cd and followed the instructions for adding it to my EQ6 and I can't get it into "My Library" anybody know how? thanks for any help...

amma 04-14-2011 08:57 AM

You can call them, the number is on EQ's website. They are very friendly and helpful too :D:D:D

latebloomerar 05-26-2011 10:27 AM

Did you ever get that to work? I was thinking of ordering and was not sure if it would even work with EQ.

Thanks,
Melinda

PS. I really like your avatar quilt.

thepolyparrot 05-26-2011 12:09 PM

If it's like the Dear Jane standalone software, you can't bring the original quilt into EQ. :(

You can, however, open the block library and import the center blocks in that folder. (the triangles require special handling and the kite blocks for DJ can't be used in EQ)

Then you'll have to set up your own Farmer's Wife layout in EQ, add those blocks to the sketchbook and set them as you want them.

I hope that helps. I wish there were some way to import the whole layout from these stand-alone CD's. I just ordered the Farmer's Wife Book and CD, so maybe we can swap notes once I get it in the mail. :)

thepolyparrot 05-27-2011 12:58 PM

I just got the Farmer's Wife CD and I copied the contents of the EQ6 PJ6 and User folders from the CD to the EQ6 PJ6 and User folders on my computer. Then I opened EQ7 > Libraries > Fabric Libraries > Link Library then navigated to the EQ6 User folder.

The files work fine in EQ6 and EQ7 - this is going to be almost as crazy as Dear Jane, but the larger blocks will be much easier to handle - for me, anyway. I'm not very good with complicated blocks - especially the ones that contain triangles. But I think this just might be do-able, even for me! :)

Hope you get yours underway, too. :)

latebloomerar 05-28-2011 07:55 PM

Thanks your explanation made it very clear.

sewmanyideas 06-08-2011 06:22 AM

Do you have to use EQ6 or 7 to make this quilt?

latebloomerar 06-08-2011 09:49 AM

I just have the book and the cd it came with. But .... I joined the Farmers Wife yahoo group and they have the pp files on their site for every block and if you are a member you can join them. They are a nice bunch. I had not realized that there were two cd's. One for EQ 6 or 7 and one that goes with the book. But with the pp doc's and the book I am doing great. I will have to pony up the dough to buy EQ 6 or 7 eventually but am still haven't decided on which to buy. I can't foresee ever using the photo printing part and besides the activations I don't know difference. If I ever feel the need for it I could spend the money for the upgrade and I'd get more activations.

I wish I could bring the Farmers Wife blocks into my Dear Jane software.

sewmanyideas 06-08-2011 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by latebloomerar
I just have the book and the cd it came with. But .... I joined the Farmers Wife yahoo group and they have the pp files on their site for every block and if you are a member you can join them. They are a nice bunch.

Thank you for that tidbit! I will check it out for sure:) Enjoy your day!

thepolyparrot 06-08-2011 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by sewmanyideas
Do you have to use EQ6 or 7 to make this quilt?

No, the EQ companion is separate from the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt book. That book has a CD in the back that contains pdf templates for each of the blocks plus pdf layout diagrams for different sizes of quilts.

The book has assembly diagrams for each of the blocks and you could put this together using only the book.

EQ just makes it easier in several ways - keeping track of the fabrics you've used, how much you need, auditioning fabrics, providing templates, rotary cutting or foundations for printing on paper, etc.

I'm afraid I've become an EQ junkie. :( ;)