Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Favorite Sewing Feet - Machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/favorite-sewing-feet-machine-t21313.html)

Esqmommy 06-13-2009 01:53 PM

I thought it might be fun to talk about everyone's favorite machine and what feet they like. I'll start. I have a Pfaff, which I love. I can't say I have much experience with much else. I have a kenmore that just sits and waits for my daughter to get into it. I got a new foot a couple weeks ago that is Fantastic - it's an open toe applique foot that I can use for regular sewing - I can see exactly where my needle is at all times and I love that! I also got a 1/4 foot with a guide that has changed the quality of my piecing ten-fold.

I'd love to hear about yours!

sewnsewer2 06-13-2009 02:16 PM

I have a Bernina and a Kenmore. I like my open toe app foot too, and I love my 1/4 and edge stitch feet.

Lacelady 06-13-2009 02:22 PM

I have a Bernina, and couldn't do without my walking foot

amma 06-13-2009 04:23 PM

I have singers and a kenmore. I use my 1/4 inch foot, edge joining, open toed, walking foot, and eventually I will learn to love my free motion/darning foot too! :wink:

BellaBoo 06-13-2009 04:27 PM

The 1/4 foot with guide is my favorite foot but the single hole throat plate makes the biggest difference in how much better my piecing is. If your machine has one, get it.

sandpat 06-13-2009 04:27 PM

I have a Bernina and wouldn't trade anything for my walking foot!

Or does the BSR qualify as a foot...if so...then my fav has to be that!

Bill'sBonBon 06-13-2009 05:26 PM

I have a Kenmore,work horse it is,love it. My walkingfoot,1/4"foot,and the foot called The Big Foot, for freemotion which I just graduated to Yesterday. I have been quilting,stippleing a very large quilt for myself that I have been working off and on for over a year. The attic window and I do believe I will be finished in about 2 more weeks.
BillsBonBon

amandasgramma 06-13-2009 06:07 PM

I have a 1971 Kenmore -- a real workhorse. But my favorite machine for quilting is my Janome! My favorite foot so far is the walking foot -- wow!

littlehud 06-13-2009 06:53 PM

I love my Juki. It's walking foot makes stitch in the ditch easy and the quilting/darning foot and the nine inch throat made free motion quilting easier for me. I love it.

tlrnhi 06-13-2009 07:32 PM

I have a Kenmore Ergo3 that I LOVE! I also does embroidery which is one of the main reasons I bought it....oh yea, plus I got it for a FANTASTIC price. I do most of my sewing on that. I also have another Kenmore that's probably about 25 years old. Was to go to my oldest, but she showed no interest in sewing unless it was ME doing it. So, I have that one that I use once in a while. I also have my grandmothers Singer (heavy duty, she made ships sails with it). That just sits and holds fabric on top. Love the cabinet it is in. I also have my moms Singer Touch N Sew. That needs a cleaning and overhaul. Don't think it's been used in 20+ years. I also have a New Home that was given to me that needs a part to the bobbin area. Will have that fixed once we get back to the states.
I favorite foot to use is my 1/4 inch. Just love it! But....I need to get another one since it's starting to not hold the 1/4 inch. I drop it alot. lol