Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Featherweight nighmare now a dream (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/featherweight-nighmare-now-dream-t58711.html)

Roberta 08-10-2010 06:06 AM

I wanted to let you all know that the machine is "fixed". I did file a complaint with EBay because the seller didn't contact me. He called within the hour after posting, guided my DH on how to take out and insert the machine and voila' the machine sews.

Thank you all so very much for all your great suggestions. I feel really stupid not to have figured this out for myself but it's where I am in life I guess, dumber then a plank.

moonrise 08-10-2010 06:07 AM

I'm so glad to hear it!!! Yay! I thought about you all night, and hoped it would work out. Enjoy your new baby. :thumbup:

KGoodhand 08-10-2010 06:08 AM

As long as everything worked out that is the important part! Nothing to feel stupid about at all!!! I am so happy that it is working for you now!!!

CarrieAnne 08-10-2010 06:28 AM

Yeah! I am so glad its working now!!!!!

dkabasketlady 08-10-2010 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Roberta
I wanted to let you all know that the machine is "fixed". I did file a complaint with EBay because the seller didn't contact me. He called within the hour after posting, guided my DH on how to take out and insert the machine and voila' the machine sews.

Thank you all so very much for all your great suggestions. I feel really stupid not to have figured this out for myself but it's where I am in life I guess, dumber then a plank.

So was the problem the bobbin case not being inserted properly as several other members suggested? I was just wondering because I've also just WON an auction on Ebay for a Featherweight. I want to stay on top of things that can go wrong. We all take a chance on buying something sight unseen.
I'm so glad that you got yours fixed and it's purring like a kitten now. Enjoy!!

LindaR 08-10-2010 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Roberta

what do you mean, "take out the machine" glad everything turned out :thumbup:

lalaland 08-10-2010 06:54 AM

Never feel stupid, you didn't get the help you needed and had to rock the boat - shame on the seller, not you!! Enjoy!

mlaceruby 08-10-2010 07:01 AM

glad your problem is solved!

BellaBoo 08-10-2010 07:22 AM

It's frustrating to have to get seller's attention by threats. I'd still leave a bad feedback but that's just me. I'm happy you don't feel bad about your Featherweight. You will love it!

JJs 08-10-2010 07:25 AM

so, in other words it WAS A WORKING MACHINE that you were sold and sounds like you should remove the bad posting or correct it on Ebay...