Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Final count 206 AND I'M DONE! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/final-count-206-im-done-t203701.html)

GrannieAnnie 10-19-2012 05:34 PM

Final count 206 AND I'M DONE!

By morning, my final tissue cover count will be 206.

AND I'M QUITING! I don't care how cute the next scraps I see are!

So far, all have been scraps-------------ones that have no value anywhere else. I've spent money on thread and on Tylenol and aspirin for my back. Oh, and I did buy about $12.50 worth of tissues-----------for a very limited number of covers.

Did I mention I'm not making any more?????? NONE!

Well, unless......................

QuiltE 10-19-2012 05:38 PM

Whatever are you going to do with so many?

GrannieAnnie 10-19-2012 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5598039)
Whatever are you going to do with so many?

So far I've given away probably 25. I sold about 10. I need about 25 for my club for Christmas. I've got 26 (with tissues) going to a benefit. OUr sister church has a "cookie walk" and a chance auction so some will go there.

That still leaves about a hundred. I don't do craft sales, but a friend does. I may see if she wants to sell some----------for half the proceeds.

Not that I need any new distractions, but these have been fun.

pinecone 10-19-2012 05:59 PM

I would say you are ready for the next flu epidemic!! That is one thing I haven't made just yet.

piney

GrannieAnnie 10-19-2012 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by pinecone (Post 5598082)
I would say you are ready for the next flu epidemic!! That is one thing I haven't made just yet.

piney

Do yourself a favor and DON'T. Or you'll be on here posting about the 10 dozen you did. lol

Tashana 10-19-2012 08:24 PM

I made a dozen in a breeze a few nights ago when I was tired of ripping a Bargello I screwed up royally. These cute little tissue covers are great for people like me who need instant gratification.

GrannieAnnie 10-19-2012 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tashana (Post 5598318)
I made a dozen in a breeze a few nights ago when I was tired of ripping a Bargello I screwed up royally. These cute little tissue covers are great for people like me who need instant gratification.

And the instant gratification is probably why I've enjoyed them so much.

WE've got an abused women's shelter not far from here, and tissue covers are not one of the requested items, but I know for sure these ladies would love something personal while they try to get back to normal. $20-30 worth of tissues to fill them won't be much to bring a bit of comfort to the gals.

Katie 10-20-2012 02:22 AM

Thanks so much for the idea. When you posted about them before I got out some scraps and sewed one up. They were so fast and cute I was hooked. I made some to put into stockings and one for each of the girls at the office for Christmas. Thanks again.

jcrow 10-20-2012 02:51 AM

I read your first post about making them but haven't yet. I need to. They seem like something fun and easy to do. I am thanking you for sharing with all of us you easy way of making them. Usually I don't go for craftsy ideas because they have so many steps involved, but not yours. I will try and make a few today so I get the hang of it. It would be a perfect gift "just" to give someone.

QuiltnNan 10-20-2012 04:15 AM

wow, you were inspired!