Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Finally got a new machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/finally-got-new-machine-t204954.html)

sew really 11-03-2012 05:19 AM

Finally got a new machine

A while back, I think it was the latter part of August, I asked for opinions/suggestions on three of the machine I listed (Viking, Pfaff, and Janome) that I was thinking about buying. After getting some helpful information and other brands other brands out there, I bought the Janome MC8900. Got it Monday, so am still 'playing' with it to try to learn the main features on it. Think I will like it. It also was the closest shop from my home, 71 miles. Now to find a project to make.
Thank you Quilters for all your suggestions.

sew really..aka..Melody

quilts4charity 11-03-2012 05:21 AM

Have fun learning and show us something pretty in a while!!!!

cowgirlquilter 11-03-2012 05:41 AM

Can't wait to see what pretties you will make!

Jingle 11-03-2012 07:23 PM

Good for you, enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!

nursie76 11-03-2012 07:26 PM

Congrats on your new sewing companion. Hope you and she have many happy projects ahead of you.

QuiltingKrazy 11-03-2012 07:28 PM

Congrats! Now enjoy!!!

Pickles 11-03-2012 07:34 PM

Congrats !!!

Bataplai 11-03-2012 07:34 PM

I hate to ask about money stuff, but no web site will tell pricing on sewing machines. I've been considering the Viking Sapphire 875Q, and this Janome looks comparable in features but I wonder how close in pricing they are. The Viking is $2k...

Congrats on your new machine! How exciting! :)

EasyPeezy 11-03-2012 07:48 PM

Congratulations on your new machine. How exciting. Please come back and tell us
more about this machine. What you like and don't like, etc.

sew really 11-04-2012 03:10 PM

Mcjanome8900qcp

I got a real good deal on it. Maybe because it is a new model or the fact that I was able to pay cash (been saving for a while). I called three dealers, two gave me a quote and the other would not over the phone. I did go to that place and looked at the machine. At the time, I was looking for the 7700 model. Was told the newer one would be out in Sept. or Oct. So waited. When I got back with that dealer, the price was still more that I wanted to pay. After talking with another dealer, he told me the price over the phone. so far, I am thrilled with it.
I also looked at the Viking Sapphire875Q and really liked it.I could have bought floor model for $2400.00. Glad now I waited and looked at the Janome. Hope it works for me. I think it will.
I went to all three websites: pfaff, viking, janome and printed out all the info I could get. Helped me alot. Sorry, this is so long.

Originally Posted by Bataplai (Post 5633141)
I hate to ask about money stuff, but no web site will tell pricing on sewing machines. I've been considering the Viking Sapphire 875Q, and this Janome looks comparable in features but I wonder how close in pricing they are. The Viking is $2k...

Congrats on your new machine! How exciting! :)