Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Finally! Harbor Freight (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/finally-harbor-freight-t80131.html)

Kitsie 12-02-2010 09:45 AM

I'd had to re-order after waiting 3 mos on back-order but nice surprise after waiting only 2 wks! Didn't think they were right at first because hole is just round and didn't look big enough, but, lo and hark, fits just fine and rolls really well. So SHARP! Got 10 pks, maybe I should re-order now?

They are heavily oiled and one had a bit of packaging gunk on it, but no harm.

Now to get the "Cutting Edge" ruler thing figured out....

ginnie6 12-02-2010 10:31 AM

I just got some at our local store too! I was so glad to see them in as ds decided to try my last blade out on the wooden floors!

featherweight 12-02-2010 10:51 AM

There was a thread on Qb a couple of days ago that the Cutting Edge ruler was not all it was made out to be, Hope you like yours. It ruined a couple of the ladys blades.

lisainmo 12-02-2010 10:58 AM

Yeah!! glad you finally got them!!

Kitsie 12-02-2010 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by featherweight
There was a thread on Qb a couple of days ago that the Cutting Edge ruler was not all it was made out to be, Hope you like yours. It ruined a couple of the ladys blades.

Yep, mine too, and is not accurate on that edge. Hence my contacting them.

2ursula 12-02-2010 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Kitsie
I'd had to re-order after waiting 3 mos on back-order but nice surprise after waiting only 2 wks! Didn't think they were right at first because hole is just round and didn't look big enough, but, lo and hark, fits just fine and rolls really well. So SHARP! Got 10 pks, maybe I should re-order now?

Same here!
I ordered my blades in August (this year!)
Over the months, I got several postcards stating that the blades were on backorder. I got some other blades and waited and waited....
Finally, I got a postcard stating that they would send the blades on November 19th. November 19th came and went, no blades arrived. I checked my order status and discovered after a phone call that my order had been cancelled!
Well, you will just have to re-order them (at a higher price) the Harbor Freight representative said. You've got to realize that it has been a while! (Like I was to blame for it!)

I paid the higher price this time, but I will be sure to find a more reasonable, reliable and more honest vendor. I paid US$ 12.00 more for their shenanigans!
I won't need anything from them again.

sahm4605 12-02-2010 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by ginnie6
I just got some at our local store too! I was so glad to see them in as ds decided to try my last blade out on the wooden floors!

that is just awful hope that what he was doing was worth ruining the blade. good thing you got them from the store.

Kitsie 12-02-2010 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by 2ursula

Originally Posted by Kitsie

Same here!
I ordered my blades in August (this year!)
Over the months, I got several postcards stating that the blades were on backorder. I got some other blades and waited and waited....
Finally, I got a postcard stating that they would send the blades on November 19th. November 19th came and went, no blades arrived. I checked my order status and discovered after a phone call that my order had been cancelled!
Well, you will just have to re-order them (at a higher price) the Harbor Freight representative said. You've got to realize that it has been a while! (Like I was to blame for it!)

I paid the higher price this time, but I will be sure to find a more reasonable, reliable and more honest vendor. I paid US$ 12.00 more for their shenanigans!
I won't need anything from them again.

I can understand how you feel, but now that they know how much of a seller they will be, maybe service will be better and even at $1.99 there is no way I could beat that! I'll just re-order when I get down to 2 pks left!

2ursula 12-02-2010 01:11 PM

Well, by the time I have worn down the 40 blades I bought I will have probably forgotten my anger.

Right now however, I bought an electric saw elsewhere. I did not even look at their website. There is a way for customers to react to a bad attitude.