Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Finally!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/finally-t103024.html)

Pzazz 02-25-2011 02:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The first week post hip surgery, I was too doped up to want to do much of anything. This week, I am finally starting to feel more like my old self. Before surgery I had several projects to the point of hand work....today I stitched the binding down on a doll quilt for a little girl at church...she is about to be "the big sister". I also have a baby quilt ready to stitch down the binding on for the new baby, due in April. After that, there is a lap quilt for ME!!! also needing the binding stitched down, then hand quilting on a super king for step-son and daughter-in-law. I figured I had best start at the small end...with the doll quilt. ;) That was enough for today. It is a start.

Patti

Top side of doll quilt...9 patch
[ATTACH=CONFIG]115444[/ATTACH]

Backside, showing fun circles
[ATTACH=CONFIG]115445[/ATTACH]

gale 02-25-2011 02:02 PM

Good for you! That is a cute quilt (what I can see of it).

Country1 02-25-2011 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Pzazz
The first week post hip surgery, I was too doped up to want to do much of anything. This week, I am finally starting to feel more like my old self. Before surgery I had several projects to the point of hand work....today I stitched the binding down on a doll quilt for a little girl at church...she is about to be "the big sister". I also have a baby quilt ready to stitch down the binding on for the new baby, due in April. After that, there is a lap quilt for ME!!! also needing the binding stitched down, then hand quilting on a super king for step-son and daughter-in-law. I figured I had best start at the small end...with the doll quilt. ;) That was enough for today. It is a start.

Patti

The rubber duck print is what I made a shower curtain for 1 our bathrooms. I love it.

Lv2sew2011 02-25-2011 02:06 PM

Hope you get to feeling much better soon, great looking quilt...

Raggiemom 02-25-2011 02:08 PM

Very cute.

cheryl rearick 02-25-2011 02:09 PM

So glad you are feeling better. PLUS your up and around. :) I've never made a doll quilt have crochet some for daughter many years ago. Continue on in your speedy recovery and enjoy more sewing. little quilt is cute, backing looks great. :)

Pzazz 02-25-2011 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by gale
Good for you! That is a cute quilt (what I can see of it).

Yeah...I took that with it on my lap...with my cell phone. LOL Not very mobile yet. I usually lay things on our bed for pix. Unfortunately, DH does not make the bed, and I am not allowed to bend over at the waist yet, (no bending more than 90° hip flex yet), so not an option today.

Patti

katiescraftshop 02-25-2011 02:18 PM

Great job!

LeslieFrost 02-25-2011 03:06 PM

Little by little -- that's all you can do! How sweet of you to make a doll quilt for the big sister! I have always tried to take something for the older kids when I have a gift for a new baby.

Maggie_1963 02-25-2011 03:55 PM

very cute! Hope you get to feeling better soon and have a good recovery!