Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Finished borders on DD quilt.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/finished-borders-dd-quilt-t28694.html)

charismah 11-14-2009 12:32 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I peiced the inner portion of the quilt in October....but the borders have been sitting there for 2.5 weeks waiting to be put on :roll: --I kind of procrastinate on borders..it is a sickness :shock:

I made a mistake on one of the borders it is only about 14 inches..I am going to keep it there....I call these design opportunities and besides if the AMISH can do it so can i...I put the dresses on upside down.... :oops: again pictures with camera phone--Now that I found it ( camera) and it has batteries it is upstairs and i am lazy..lol 8)

I bought these fabrics when my DD was 5 months old and knew they were for her..just hadn't made anything with them..and they are perfect for her..in fact this is for christmas and I told her I was making this quilt for the shop..she keeps telling me how she just loves this quilt--she is 6...maybe she is on to me?? She loves pink/green and dress up--so the yellow dress fabric is just darling and all the soft colors will go well in her room.

sharon b 11-14-2009 12:34 AM

Looks Good :lol: How will you quilt it ?

charismah 11-14-2009 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b
Looks Good :lol: How will you quilt it ?

I am not yet sure how I will quilt it--I don't have enough experience on the long arm .....but we will see ..need to practice my doodling. :D

Izy 11-14-2009 12:40 AM

It's very pretty!! :D

pocoellie 11-14-2009 05:34 AM

Your daughter will be so thrilled when she gets it for Christmas.

omak 11-14-2009 05:45 AM

Practice doodling, exactly! Grab some scrap paper and pencil and start drawing lines ... Pam Clark series of quilting patterns are very nice ... as far as the dresses, they are not upside down! They are so baby can lay under the quilt and look at them rightside up! :wink: What a nice mommy - - always looking at the world through child eyes. <wave>

charismah 11-14-2009 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by omak
Practice doodling, exactly! Grab some scrap paper and pencil and start drawing lines ... Pam Clark series of quilting patterns are very nice ... as far as the dresses, they are not upside down! They are so baby can lay under the quilt and look at them rightside up! :wink: What a nice mommy - - always looking at the world through child eyes. <wave>

OMak ....thanks for the new angle of looking at things! You know we are always harder on ourselves than anyone else ever is..I hardly think she will notice..nor care..she will just be happy I made her something...she is like that. :D

omak 11-14-2009 05:27 PM

Well, if DD points out something that needs changed on her gift?
It is time to teach her how to make her own! LOL

littlehud 11-14-2009 05:31 PM

That is so pretty. What a beautiful quilt for your little girl. I love the fabrics. Great job.

amma 11-14-2009 05:39 PM

Those fabrics are so soft and pretty!!! I see why DD loves it so!!! :D :D :D