Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   fleece fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fleece-fabric-t50680.html)

sahm4605 06-21-2010 10:03 AM

where do you go to find fleece fabric for making no sew quilts. or tie quilts? I am trying to help my mom find them for no more than $3 a yard of baby style fleece fabric. She has the crafts for the church Junior High Camp and the theme is Service. So she thought about making lap or baby blanket size blankets out of fleece that the kids can tie together for a local teen moms shelter.

quiltinggirl 06-21-2010 10:12 AM

Hi get mine from JoAnn's or Hancocks. I'm sure there are places online too that you can order from.

HeatherQuilts 06-21-2010 10:59 AM

Yep, Jo-Ann's or Hancock is where I go as well. If there is a Wal-mart that has fabric near you, they might have some as well.

sharon b 06-21-2010 02:00 PM

Hancocks has good sales on it all the time , otherwise watch Joanns :lol:

nativetexan 06-21-2010 02:19 PM

and Hobby Lobby has it too

littlehud 06-21-2010 06:38 PM

It seem like Hancocks had it on sale all the time. They are fun and so nice and warm.

QBeth 06-22-2010 11:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by sahm4605
where do you go to find fleece fabric for making no sew quilts. or tie quilts? I am trying to help my mom find them for no more than $3 a yard of baby style fleece fabric. She has the crafts for the church Junior High Camp and the theme is Service. So she thought about making lap or baby blanket size blankets out of fleece that the kids can tie together for a local teen moms shelter.

I'm not quite sure how much fleece you need.... However, be careful of the quality of the fleece sold at Joann's or elsewhere. All fleece is not equal.

Several years ago I was fortunate to live near Malden Mills, the maker of PolarTec fleece which is superb quality. They no longer sell directly from the factory but there is an outlet store that is running a sale of full rolls that ends tomorrow. The rolls can run from about $100 and on up depending upon the fleece type and number of yards on a roll. Most people use their #300 fleece for blankets.

Of course, a roll will only contain one color but, depending upon how much you need, there may be more than one roll available that has a lesser amount of fleece. The attached file is the original email I received from the outlet store. Many of the items are for less than $3 a yard but, again, you have to buy a full roll. If this isn't what you need, check out there website (listed at the bottom of the file). Good luck!

craftybear 06-25-2010 09:44 PM

thanks for the information about fleece! I learned something!

Originally Posted by QBeth

Originally Posted by sahm4605

I'm not quite sure how much fleece you need.... However, be careful of the quality of the fleece sold at Joann's or elsewhere. All fleece is not equal.

Several years ago I was fortunate to live near Malden Mills, the maker of PolarTec fleece which is superb quality. They no longer sell directly from the factory but there is an outlet store that is running a sale of full rolls that ends tomorrow. The rolls can run from about $100 and on up depending upon the fleece type and number of yards on a roll. Most people use their #300 fleece for blankets.

Of course, a roll will only contain one color but, depending upon how much you need, there may be more than one roll available that has a lesser amount of fleece. The attached file is the original email I received from the outlet store. Many of the items are for less than $3 a yard but, again, you have to buy a full roll. If this isn't what you need, check out there website (listed at the bottom of the file). Good luck!