Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fons and Porter DVD (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fons-porter-dvd-t53968.html)

mpspeedy 07-12-2010 05:56 PM

I keep getting their magazine every month. I haven't subscribed to it in several years. I checked my records and I haven't sent them any money in several years. Go figure!

Linda B 07-12-2010 06:09 PM

I sent in a subscription order a couple of years ago. Then before I even started receiving the magazine I got another subscription order form and stupid me I sent it in again!! So I ended up with a double subscription, BUT I never got the extra goodies they said would come with the magazines.

Tallulah 07-12-2010 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by mpspeedy
I keep getting their magazine every month. I haven't subscribed to it in several years. I checked my records and I haven't sent them any money in several years. Go figure!

Interesting, I was looking to see when my subscription ends and it is not for three more years, not counting this year. I know that I didn't subscribe for 4 years at one time. Would have been too expensive.

tcnmom 07-12-2010 06:25 PM

I had a subscription and had to call for every issue. Fons and Porter was sold to another company. Liz retired and Marianne and her daughter are doing the tv show. Bernina dropped them so now they have Babylock. You do not have to return the DVD nor answer their notices.

bratkat 07-12-2010 06:26 PM

You are correct, it says you don't have to return it in one part of the notice. So I didn't return it either and didn't sign up...

Bratkat

sewingladydi 07-12-2010 07:06 PM

I got that too. I watched it and sent it back and checked the "no, I don't want anymore" box. It may be good for a new quilter, but I've already got so many books and have taken classes that there really was no new info for me.

mpspeedy 07-13-2010 05:10 AM

I read somewhere where magazines can only have so many subscribers without it costing them more to publish than they make. Their other problem is that they must show evidence of a certain amount of subscribers in order to sell ad space.
I have noticed that all publications as well as radio and TV are starting to have almost as much advertizing as show or content. There was a time when I was dumb enough to think that because we pay for cable that it would have no commercials. What planet did I think I was on?

fabric-holic 07-13-2010 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by mpspeedy
There was a time when I was dumb enough to think that because we pay for cable that it would have no commercials. What planet did I think I was on?

You know I too remember hearing way back in the 1960s when cable tv was in the "discussion" stage that, since we'd pay up front to hook into the cable, there wouldn't be any commercials!!
I never knew anyone who had cable tv (or satelite) until 1998-ish. I was amazed that they had to watch commercials....why are we paying so much per month to be advertised to? I hate it but I'm hooked on having the tv on while I'm home alone.