Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Found my inspiration! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/found-my-inspiration-t189703.html)

tngal22 05-22-2012 09:25 AM

Found my inspiration!

I have been eyeing the Berenstain Bears fabric for a while not but never ordered it. Well hubby sold his motorcycle and gave me $200 cash to buy whatever. I knew 2 of the 3 LQS didn't have the fabric so I took a chance on the third. She did!! She had several of the yardage and layer cakes and jelly rolls! She ordered charm packs but they didn't come in. I really wanted the charm packs but decided to go with the layer cake pack instead. And I got 2 different yardage plus some white, total of 7 yards! Of course that took half of my money but that is ok. I plan to make me a quilt either with the D9P or stacked coin pattern. I also got enough to make a self binding receiving blanket as I am addicted to making them. lol.

So what fabric would you just love to buy right now?

Prism99 05-22-2012 09:28 AM

That will be a fun quilt to make! LOVE the Berenstain Bears!

GrannieAnnie 05-22-2012 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by tngal22 (Post 5235046)
I have been eyeing the Berestain Bears fabric for a while not but never ordered it. Well hubby sold his motorcycle and gave me $200 cash to buy whatever. I knew 2 of the 3 LQS didn't have the fabric so I took a chance on the third. She did!! She had several of the yardage and layer cakes and jelly rolls! She ordered charm packs but they didn't come in. I really wanted the charm packs but decided to go with the layer cake pack instead. And I got 2 different yardage plus some white, total of 7 yards! Of course that took half of my money but that is ok. I plan to make me a quilt either with the D9P or stacked coin pattern. I also got enough to make a self binding receiving blanket as I am addicted to making them. lol.

A friend and I are eyeing some purple, blue and green batiks and looking for a pattern. Think I found the pattern------don't have name handy------but I'm going to make a sketch of it with my coloring pencils.

tngal22 05-22-2012 09:35 AM

I used to love the books when I was little so that is why I wanted the fabric. DD has one book and she likes it too.

And GrannieAnnie, that sounds like a lovely colored quilt.

BellaBoo 05-22-2012 09:53 AM

I'm waiting for the Morris Meadows In the Beginning collection. I saw the sampler quilt at a quilt shop and feel in love with the border fabric. It's suppose to be come to the shop in Oct. click on the image IMM2 to see it up close. It's beautiful and looks 3d in person. It comes in several color ways. http://www.inthebeginningfabrics.com...ct=morrsmeadws You can see the border fabric on two of the quilt samples.

tngal22 05-22-2012 10:05 AM

Beautiful colors! I seem to be leaning towards yellows and orange lately.

Neesie 05-22-2012 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by tngal22 (Post 5235046)
I have been eyeing the Berenstain Bears fabric for a while not but never ordered it. Well hubby sold his motorcycle and gave me $200 cash to buy whatever. I knew 2 of the 3 LQS didn't have the fabric so I took a chance on the third. She did!! She had several of the yardage and layer cakes and jelly rolls! She ordered charm packs but they didn't come in. I really wanted the charm packs but decided to go with the layer cake pack instead. And I got 2 different yardage plus some white, total of 7 yards! Of course that took half of my money but that is ok. I plan to make me a quilt either with the D9P or stacked coin pattern. I also got enough to make a self binding receiving blanket as I am addicted to making them. lol.

Whooo-Hoooo! Don't you just love, coming home with new fabric? :thumbup:

I would love to find some pretty fabric, with dachshunds. Have done the searching but the available ones are rather boring. There's ONE fabric, I do love (on Spoonflower.com) but it's rather pricey and doesn't sound as washable, as I'd like it to be. I'm supposing the dyes aren't as stable, as with mass-produced fabrics. :thumbdown:

spokanequilter 05-22-2012 11:29 AM

My next purchase will be a variety from a collection called Plume. Not sure of the manufacturer or designer, but it's absolutely gorgeous. Blues, teal, purple, and one really great one with peacocks on it. I must make a wallhanging out of it for sure!

tngal22 05-22-2012 12:12 PM

Oh I have seen the plume line, gorgeous.

Nessie, I haven't seen any either but I will keep my eye out for some.

gramajo 05-22-2012 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by spokanequilter (Post 5235283)
My next purchase will be a variety from a collection called Plume. Not sure of the manufacturer or designer, but it's absolutely gorgeous. Blues, teal, purple, and one really great one with peacocks on it. I must make a wallhanging out of it for sure!

spokanequilter, Search for kuseta on this board & go to her thread about "Doc". He's a thread painted peacock she did years ago & then added some plume fabrics to it just recently. He's very pretty.