Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Frustrated with my Pfaff C1100 Pro (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/frustrated-my-pfaff-c1100-pro-t182904.html)

reetle1 10-16-2012 10:54 AM

Optical Eye

Originally Posted by Svimse (Post 5064117)
I have had the same problem with the machine stopped after a few stitches. At the bobbin is an optical eye, which measures whether there is more thread so that the machine can stop (it is brighter around the bobbin). In bright light, eg sunlight, against the machine the optical eye thinks that there is no more thread and stops. I hope this can help others with a Pfaff.
I love my Pfaff with the built in walking foot.

I have the same issue. I have to close the shade by the machine or the empty bobbin message stops me from sewing every one to two stitches. Isn't that a hoot.

grandmaemma 02-06-2013 12:30 PM

FYI...Received a call from local Pfaff dealer...Regarding my C1100 Pro Smarter by Pfaff. I was told that after I brought my machine in a number of times because stitching was not pretty (and various other problems. Generally unhappy with the machine) that Pfaff has found there is a problem with this specific machine. The hardware is bad and computer wasn't resetting itself. Was also told I wasn't crazy :) The local dealer will be getting replacement parts for this machine...and will call me when parts arrive. So...if you have this machine I would suggest getting a hold of your local dealer. Hope this is helpful.

cpblay 04-17-2015 05:39 PM

I hate my Pfaff C1100 P00!

I have had nothing but problems with my machine. It will work great for awhile then the stitches will pile up underneath, or the timing gets off or the thing skips and jerks. I have spent too much having it fixed only to have it mess up again the next day.The repairman took it in again it worked great for a few hours and now it isn't working properly. AGAIN!. My sister just gave me a straight stitch Singer from the 60's that sews like a dream. It makes me mad that I didn't take my Pfaff back right after I bought it. Now the store I got it from is out of business and I've had it too long. Mostly taking up sewing room space and making me crazy.
So, buyer beware.

Originally Posted by Dyan (Post 5063401)
I had purchased that machine, and had so many problems with it, my dealer exchanged it for a Janome 6600. I had a Pfaff 1473 that I loved, and wanted another one, when I bought the C1100 I kept getting the emply bobbin error, I tried every thing and it would only let me take a stitch or two then it would error again. Then the next day it would sew fine for a hour, and error again, glad I traded it for the Janome 6600.

cpblay 04-17-2015 05:41 PM

I hate my Pfaff C1100 Pro!

I have had nothing but problems with my machine. It will work great for awhile then the stitches will pile up underneath, or the timing gets off or the thing skips and jerks. I have spent too much having it fixed only to have it mess up again the next day.The repairman took it in again it worked great for a few hours and now it isn't working properly. AGAIN!. My sister just gave me a straight stitch Singer from the 60's that sews like a dream. It makes me mad that I didn't take my Pfaff back right after I bought it. Now the store I got it from is out of business and I've had it too long. Mostly taking up sewing room space and making me crazy.
So, buyer beware.

Originally Posted by Dyan (Post 5063401)
I had purchased that machine, and had so many problems with it, my dealer exchanged it for a Janome 6600. I had a Pfaff 1473 that I loved, and wanted another one, when I bought the C1100 I kept getting the emply bobbin error, I tried every thing and it would only let me take a stitch or two then it would error again. Then the next day it would sew fine for a hour, and error again, glad I traded it for the Janome 6600.