Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fun and Done (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fun-done-t32434.html)

mollyoldham 12-30-2009 03:15 PM

Thank you, my dh said he would help. I'm so tech challenged :roll:

raksmum 12-30-2009 09:40 PM

I am in the process of making one. It is easy to do and goes together quickly once you have all the fabric cut. I am using bamboo batting and it is great, not too stiff.

mrsbee 12-31-2009 02:56 PM

I HAVE NEVER A HOLE QUILT,BUT MY SISTER AND I TRIED THE FUN AND PATTERN,SHE DID A SCRAPY ONE FOUR BLOCKS, I DID FOUR BLOCKS PLANED COLORS, I WAS FUN TO SEE TWO DIFFERENT WAYS OF DOING IT . SORRY NO PICTURES. WE ALWAYS TRY SOMETHING NEW ON A SMALL SCALE, BEFORE WE DO A WHOLE QUILT. GOOD LUCK HOPE THIS HELPS.

happy sewer 01-01-2010 01:27 PM

I have learned more from this quilting group than you could ever imagine. More than I have from the quilting bee I belong to or anything else. I don't remember how I found this group , but I love it. The tips to websites and sewing tips. Better than anything I have ever imagined. Thank you ladies. Happy New Year and God Bless. Hope He blesses our country too. It really needs a blessing with those in Washington. Proud to know all of you. If any of you know of a long arm for sale please let me know. Thanks

user3587 01-03-2010 07:40 AM

I have some cotton fleece and was wondering if that would make a good batting for the Fun&Done patterns. It says heavy weight but it not nearly as heavy as the warn and natural. I know they are different fabrics but I just trying to get you to visual the weight of the fleece. It white, it doesn't look like the fleece you make the tied blankets, etc our of. The feel is not as soft as that. I have 6 yds of this and hoping it will work as a batting for a lap quilt. But, I don't want to waste my time if someone has knowledge that this is not a good thing, I appreciate any advice you can give me.

raksmum 01-03-2010 07:32 PM

If it is the same cotton fleece I am thinking of I have used it in table runners and I think it would be fine to use. Just make a square using this batting and see what you think.

DianneK 01-04-2010 05:41 AM

I had some blocks that I put together using this method after I saw your post. It was so fast. I am Project Linus Coordinator for our area and this method will be a blessing for my blanketeers. I cut batting and backing without a template, but made a cardboard frame to help center block and batting on the backing. Worked great...cheaper than the template, which limits block size and costs nearly $20!! Thanks so much for the post.

Rose Marie 01-04-2010 08:45 AM

The thicker the batting the harder to join the blocks because you need to sew close to the blocks when joining.

mrsbee 01-04-2010 03:04 PM

i would try one or two blocks to see how they go together. everyone dose things different. i've use different things in side potholder and is works ok for me. good luck