Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fun and Done (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fun-done-t32434.html)

user3587 12-27-2009 01:28 PM

Has anyone ever made a Fun&Done Quilt? If so what did you think of it? Pros and Cons.

user3587 12-27-2009 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Loretta

I remember this post but I don't remember anyone actually making one just talking about seeing the video and how they could make their own templates. Maybe I missed something. Sewnsewer2 said she made a couple but didn't say much about how it went. Has anyone else made them and found them to be as quick and easy as the video shows?

vangel34 12-27-2009 01:57 PM

I want to make one but I'm concerned on how well they'll hold up from usage. It seems like the seams would be a weak point in the quilt. I would like to know too because I would like to make some as Christmas gifts next year.

Pam B 12-27-2009 02:02 PM

I recently did a Fun & Done table runner. It was a class offered at the LQS I frequent. I enjoyed it and it turned out lovely. I don't think one would need to worry that, done as a quilt, it wouldn't hold up. I was pleased and think I'll try it as a quilt this next year.

mcdaniel023 12-27-2009 02:10 PM

I made one and didn't think it was that much fun. The main reason was that I used warm and natural batting. It was too heavy (Someone posted later that it didn't work well). I have heard a lot of good things about it and may try another one sometime. I did like the final results.

user3587 12-27-2009 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
I made one and didn't think it was that much fun. The main reason was that I use warm and natural batting. It was too heavy (Someone posted later that it didn't work well). I have heard a lot of good things about it and may try another one sometime. I did like the final results.

That's good to know because that's the only batting I use. The instructions for one of the Fun&Done patterns I have says not to use polyester batting and to use a low-loft cotton batting. I thought Warn and Natural was a low loft cotton batting. What would someone recommend using.

Newby0709 12-27-2009 02:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The quilt I made was from that idea, backing 2" larger than batting and block. I didn't make the same pattern as on bayside. I did my own and quilted it as I desired. I liked it and wash it in my home washer. I wanted a light weight quilt so I used a thin batting. It was easy to make and went fast. On the one attached, I used straight stitching for the finishing. Currently, I am in the process of another one, with a different block pattern, and I am using a blanket stitch to finish.

user3587 12-27-2009 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Newby0709
The quilt I made was from that idea, backing 2" larger than batting and block. I didn't make the same pattern as on bayside. I did my own and quilted it as I desired. I liked it and wash it in my home washer. I wanted a light weight quilt so I used a thin batting. It was easy to make and went fast. On the one attached, I used straight stitching for the finishing. Currently, I am in the process of another one, with a different block pattern, and I am using a blanket stitch to finish.

I love your quilt. I'll have to check out batting, I will need alot because I want to make 12 lap quilts.

mcdaniel023 12-27-2009 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by okie

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
I made one and didn't think it was that much fun. The main reason was that I use warm and natural batting. It was too heavy (Someone posted later that it didn't work well). I have heard a lot of good things about it and may try another one sometime. I did like the final results.

That's good to know because that's the only batting I use. The instructions for one of the Fun&Done patterns I have says not to use polyester batting and to use a low-loft cotton batting. I thought Warn and Natural was a low loft cotton batting. What would someone recommend using.

I hope someone has the answer to this. It is all I use, too.

SulaBug 12-27-2009 02:40 PM

Okie,
I have done several fun and done table toppers & also pot holders. I just love this pattern & like the easy way it goes together. If you click on our Search topic above, then type in fun & done, you will find several quilters who have posted their thoughts & pictures on this subject. I think it will be something you will just have to try, to know weather you like it or not. Good Luck!! :thumbup: I know I LOVE it!!
Cheryl
:D :D :D