Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fundraiser quilt label question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fundraiser-quilt-label-question-t201184.html)

AshleyR 09-22-2012 03:33 AM

Fundraiser quilt label question

I have been asked to donate a quilt to a raffle. It's a fundraiser for a baby that needs a heart transplant.
I've never put a label on one of my quilts, but I figured this would be the time! What do I put on the label?

I'm donating because the lady who asked me to is a very kind woman, and I'm happy to help where I can. She and the event is in another part of the country, but would it be acceptable for me to send business cards or flyers or is that just tacky?

HillCountryGal 09-22-2012 04:43 AM

Of course you should put a label on your quilt.
Something like: Made with love by _____ and be sure to at least put the state (if not the town) you're in. Who ever gets the quilt will appreciate that.. plus be constantly reminded of the compassion of strangers.

QuiltnNan 09-22-2012 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by HillCountryGal (Post 5532302)
Something like: Made with love by _____ and be sure to at least put the state (if not the town) you're in. Who ever gets the quilt will appreciate that.. plus be constantly reminded of the compassion of strangers.

i agree - after all, other products have the maker and place of manufacture on them :)

AshleyR 09-22-2012 05:09 AM

Thank you. This is new to me!

Originally Posted by HillCountryGal (Post 5532302)

Silver Needle 09-22-2012 05:58 AM

I also would not be worried sending business cards with the quilt if you are shipping goes to the lady who requested it. People may ask her where she got it and she can just give them one of your cards. Don't be afraid to promote yourself. I am trying to learn to do this also as a long arm quilter.

ckcowl 09-22-2012 06:32 AM

i generally add fiber content & care instructions to donation quilts- as in:
100% cotton top/backing and batting (or, poly batting- what ever is used)- pieced & quilted by- city, state, month, year. when it's for a specific function or person i at times add something about that too- like- created for Relay for Life- cancer research benefit 2012-
machine wash cool- tumble dry.

joyce888 09-22-2012 06:33 AM

Be sure to add washing and drying instructions. I believe all quilts should be washed with delicate detergent, gentle cycle and low heat, even when they can withstand normal washing conditions. Also fabric and batting content, some people are allergic to some fibers.

PlanoDebbie 09-23-2012 08:13 PM

I also like to add the year it was made on my labels. Printed Treasures works wonderful for quilting labels.