Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   A funny thing happened... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/funny-thing-happened-t36124.html)

Astramorgaine 02-05-2010 07:56 PM

It was a snow day today, so I decided to play a little with fabric. I was on my way back to the machine after getting a soda, and passing hubby in the living room, he asks me what I was doing. I replied that I was going to play with fabric. He asked, WHO? with a smirk on his face. I had to laugh... I said FABRIC dear... Well I'm jealous he says. :lol: Of course it was all a playful joke, flirting if you will. Has anyone else experienced a spouse who has fabric envy?

cjomomma 02-05-2010 08:21 PM

Why yes i do. My DH says you love your fabric more than me. I tell him it is because it doesnt demand things from me. i dont have to feed it, cloth it. It just requests that I give it a little love every once in a while. He always gives me a funny grin when I tell him that. Its all in fun for both of us.

Charlee 02-05-2010 08:25 PM

My qubby is an outrageous flirt!! I've actually had women ask me how I put up with it...I just tell them that he knows where his bed is and who is supposed to be in it! ;) If he forgets, then I'll do something about it...

However...yes!! He's been known to come and take the cutter out of my hand and demand attention in one way or another!! :lol:

tlrnhi 02-05-2010 09:16 PM

Charlee....my hubby is the same way. I have actually caught a little blue haired lady grab his arm and tell him she was taking him home! OH MY! I laughed and told her she would bring him back within the hour. She winked and told me....honey, don't bet on it! LMAO!
Mine flirts with all women, actually, women flock to him. He knows where his bed is and WHO he is to sleep with. That would be ME!
Yes, he's jealous of my fabric, says I love it more than he does, but I also tell him that I always sleep with him. He then reminded me of the night I was sorting fabric and fell asleep on the floor with the fabric all around me. lol

kathyd 02-06-2010 03:48 AM

I can't imagine it any other way.
He is always looking for attention. Once, he drew me a map so I could get to him in his workshop in the garage from my sewing room. I believe it is still posted on the fridge!
He is my biggest chearleader when it comes to my quilting and is currently helping me set up my new sewing room.

tlrnhi 02-06-2010 03:50 AM

OMG!! WE DO HAVE THE SAME HUBBY!
Mine did the same thing, but it was a map to the bedroom. lmao!

marsye 02-06-2010 04:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:shock:

tlrnhi 02-06-2010 04:18 AM

LOL Marsye!

QuiltingGrannie 02-06-2010 04:27 AM

Yes, mine is what my co-worker calls "Needy" He needs my attention. He'd have us together 24/7 (we used to work together for 5 years 24/7 - long story). I like my 'me' time.

tlrnhi 02-06-2010 05:22 AM

OMG! I wouldn't know what to do if mine was with me 24/7. I'd probably kill him! I'm so glad that he goes to sea...ok, USED to go to sea. He works about 10 hours a day, so that's fine with me. Maybe that's why we've stayed married for so long. lol