Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fusable Bobo (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fusable-bobo-t158563.html)

Gennynut 10-07-2011 06:27 AM

Yes I could use the reverse side of the fabric but the "glue" would be on the front of the tree and therefore would stick to everything . That is why I was hoping . there was a way to get rid of the "glue". If there is no way I think I have enough fabric to cut another one.

featherweight 10-07-2011 06:41 AM

I would start over...

moonwork42029 10-07-2011 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Gennynut
Yes I could use the reverse side of the fabric but the "glue" would be on the front of the tree and therefore would stick to everything . That is why I was hoping . there was a way to get rid of the "glue". If there is no way I think I have enough fabric to cut another one.

I think she was suggesting use it as it is if possible and just have the tree in a "mirrored" position if the back of the fabric would work ...even it if was a different shade.

If you don't have enough to cut out a "whole" tree, could you cut it out in small sections?

PaperPrincess 10-07-2011 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029

I think she was suggesting use it as it is if possible and just have the tree in a "mirrored" position if the back of the fabric would work ...even it if was a different shade.

If you don't have enough to cut out a "whole" tree, could you cut it out in small sections?

Thanks, moonwork42029, that is what I was suggesting.

Dena789 10-07-2011 01:08 PM

I'm lost... did you iron it onto the "right" side of the fabric on on the back?

PS - I'm in the Hat too!

Gennynut 10-07-2011 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Dena789

I'm lost... did you iron it onto the "right" side of the fabric on on the back?

PS - I'm in the Hat too!

Hi its great to know that there is another ,member in the Hat!
Yes I ironed the fusible web to the right side instead of the wrong side! So I could use it facing the right way up. But the right way up is "shinny and a little tacky". Guess I'll just have to do another one.

Dena789 10-08-2011 02:17 PM

Hi its great to know that there is another ,member in the Hat!
Yes I ironed the fusible web to the right side instead of the wrong side! So I could use it facing the right way up. But the right way up is "shinny and a little tacky". Guess I'll just have to do another one.

Well, you could use it upside-down... that is with the back-side showing as your applique if the back of the fabric will work.