Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Gadgets you feel are worth the money. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/gadgets-you-feel-worth-money-t174154.html)

sewbeadit 01-03-2012 12:41 PM

You are sew right sewmary! I have so many gadgets that don't work well it is pathetic, no more gadgets for me, but a seam rippppper is not a gadget in my boooook.lol

Originally Posted by sewmary (Post 4837962)
My new year's resolution: no more gadgets that are one use and collect dust. I will walk by all the gadget demos at quilt shows and not even stop to look and will never buy one online unless at least ten of you recommend it.:)

After all the money spent on gadgets, my favorite and most useful and cheapest are: Bamboo chopsticks (stilleto use and poking out corners after turning) and one half a spring clothespin ( wooden ironing thing).

CajunQuilter2 01-03-2012 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieH (Post 4838049)
A glass of dry white wine after another 'ripping' session.

:D
Love this!!!

quiltyjax 01-03-2012 01:16 PM

For Christmas last year I had a Baby Go Cutter and I love it. Strips, squares & stars for applique are now so much easier for me and I've got more pain free time to sew. A belated Happy New Year to everyone on the board.

paulina 01-03-2012 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Anna O (Post 4837344)
My Olfa rotary cutter. My favorite is the one where you squeeze to cut and the blade automatically goes back "up" when you release it.

I need that. I have two nasty cuts right now that come from bumping my hand into the rotary cutter being held in the other hand. It wasn't even cutting, just holding it perfectly still and I managed to seriously cut myself TWO TIMES!!

patdesign 01-03-2012 01:36 PM

I have many gadgets, but one of my favorite things at the sewing machine is a pair of LaCross needle nose tweezers. I use them to pull up threads, pull out loose threads from a seam ripper, and as an awl on a regular basis.:)

Olivia's Grammy 01-03-2012 02:46 PM

I love gadgets.I think I have everyone mentioned on this thread except for the GoCutter. My favorite is probably the June Tailor slotted ruler. I think I have 5 or 6.

daisydebby 01-03-2012 03:56 PM

My favorite gadgets are the square up ruler from Eleanor Burns, SewLine pencils for marking applique, Clover bias makers, and the no-melt plastic circles for making berries, etc. for applique.

quiltingshorttimer 01-03-2012 04:17 PM

My favorite "gadgets"--my Ott light--couldn't sew at night (and since I work days that would be disaster!) without it, and the Binding Tool--especially now that I saw the Missouri Star Quilt Co 2nd video on it so I use it right! And of course that wonder magnetized pin bowl--I can just toss the pins to the area the bowl sits and don't mess with a pin cushion at all! And the last was a prize from quilt guild--a homemade tool binder to hold the basics for handsewing.

rosiewell 01-03-2012 05:13 PM

my rotary cutter with a side handle, it help my painful wrist tremendously, I bought it back east at a quilt show

carolaug 01-03-2012 05:19 PM

I am going to have to get one of these...I am always forgetting to press the button to cover the rotary blade.

Originally Posted by Anna O (Post 4837344)
My Olfa rotary cutter. My favorite is the one where you squeeze to cut and the blade automatically goes back "up" when you release it.