Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   garage sales (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/garage-sales-t1235.html)

Suz 06-15-2007 12:24 PM

Another good source for books: Edward R. Hamilton. Google it and find their listing, then select "Needlecrafts".

I get their "newspaper" about twice a month and in the recent issue (June 8), there must be at least ten quilting books in their New Arrivals pages. These books are not categorized and are mixed among a lot of other listings. The current newspaper is 64 pages long and just chucked full.

In the Needlecrafts section of the newspaper, they list sewing, knitting and quilting books together. They give a short description along with the author's name, # of pages and retail price and then their asking price. The description in the newspaper is several lines long. The line description on the website is very brief. You have to know what you are looking for online.

In the current issue author's: Mimi Dietrich, Debbie Mumm, Lynette Jensen, and Elly Sienkiewcz to name a few. I am ordering the one entitled "Flower Pounding", Frischkorn/Sardin for $7.95. The retail was $22.95.

The best part is you can order 5 - 10 - 20 books and the shipping is the same: $3.50. Soooo, get together with a few friends and place a big order.

Suzanne

Boo 06-15-2007 04:02 PM

One of my best deals was at my quilting guild. Each month we can buy tickets for a raffle of things donated by members. If your ticket wins you can pick from stuff on a table. My 25cent ticket won me a brown grocery sack full of buttons! I was so excited that the next day I went to Hobby Lobby and purchased a large treasure chest on clearance! Sometimes I still just sit and go through this delightful chest and find something new. :lol:

Knot Sew 06-15-2007 04:08 PM

I know the wax machines work because when i broke my wrist, snapped all the bones, the therapist , used it, dip it several times and wrap in a towel. oh it feels so good , makes you want to cry. I will never forget that pain. fingers still bother me.

Knot Sew 06-16-2007 04:21 AM

wish me luck, the church by the Mountain has a garage sale,usually great , furniture and all. I need a sofa and a toaster. Some fabric would be NICE.

JS 06-17-2007 04:49 PM

Hi Kathy,
I have a hot wax machine. I use it now and then for arthritis in my fingers. It is wonderful. I used to work in a physicial therapy dept. and when I broke my wrist and when I broke my fingers my therapist had me use the one at work. I love mine.
Jean

Suz 06-18-2007 08:06 AM

Okay Ruth, tell us what you found on the Mountain. Suz

Suz 06-18-2007 08:08 AM

Okay Ruth, tell us what you found on the mountain. Suz

GiGi 07-08-2007 04:41 PM

Have you guys tried the thrift stores in small towns? They are a gold mine. I have purchased fabric for 10 cents a yard before. I walk out of there with bags and bags of fabric, buttons, thread, etc. and have never spent more than $20 to $30.00. Plus, it helps them out. Have fun! :lol: :!: