Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Getting the Bookmark to work correctly (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/getting-bookmark-work-correctly-t8356.html)

SaraSewing 06-22-2008 06:39 AM

Many of you will remember that discussions we've had regarding not getting the bookmark box to be large enough to make your notes. Then someone mentioned that you just enlarge it to 200% and it works. Now, here's something interesting I just found. I "killed" the computer we have been using. So while it is in the repair shop, I got out my spare. The spare computer runs on Windows ME. The bookmark box works correctly!!! The other computer I had been using was XP. So this discovery makes me think that perhaps the program that quiltingboard uses just hasn't updated that little portion of quiltingboard. Huh?

Moonpi 06-22-2008 06:55 AM

It works fine on my AOL browser, but needs resizing with my Internet Explorer. version IE7. If you go into explorer Help, the About section will let you know which version you are using.

I think it is more likely the browser version than Windows version. One of the Mac users should be able to share their experience, as they poke me with a sharp stick for using Vista.

bettlove 06-22-2008 08:07 AM

I have found that several things on this website don't work using Mozilla Firefox,( the bookmark, any of the graphics, smilies and maybe more) but when I use Internet Explorer, they do work. I havent found this to be ture on any other website, but then I don't 'surf' too much.

Roben 06-22-2008 08:13 AM

bettlove, what version of Firefox are you using? I'm using 2.0.0.14, and all of the things you listed work great for me.

bettlove 06-22-2008 10:23 AM

I'm using the same version you are. I have no idea why it doesn't work. I only use IE for this website and Firefox for everything else because it's supposed to be so much safer.

DreamXer 06-22-2008 11:10 AM

I'm using Safari on our Mac at home and the bookmarks pop-up is only one inch square. Heheheh... Is okay - bc I only have to scroll over and down bi highlighting words but I can't put any comments in...
Otherwise everything else works great!
That's the rub with Safari - not compatible with every site... Have tried downloading Mozilla Firefox, but downloading anything on dial-up takes too long... so we live with the weirdness... lol

DA Mayer 06-22-2008 08:00 PM

ok after not being able to save a bookmark I experimented. I have to click on the bookmark above the topic and then the little tiny bookmark corner comes up on my left hand corner, I clicked enter and it saved my bookmark. I went to My Bookmarks and there they were.

Moonpi 06-22-2008 09:48 PM

Once you save a bookmark, you can go back into your public profile, click on bookmarks and edit to add a description. You can delete them there also.

smagruder 07-04-2014 12:06 PM

Trying to figure out how to bookmark.

ManiacQuilter2 07-04-2014 01:23 PM

I haven't been able to get the bookmark to work on my XP computer since they updated the website. I am using Firefox, not sure of the version and that bookmark works fine. I just make sure I post a comment on a thread I want to refer to an then go back thru my profile.