Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Give Me the Dumbest Quilter Award (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/give-me-dumbest-quilter-award-t209914.html)

jemma 01-02-2013 10:52 PM

i see hands up all over for that award-- i am doing a d9p--oi just put the center square at the top cause it looked good
now it looks good but later!!!!!!!!

alleyoop1 01-03-2013 04:10 AM

My husband suggested I keep a little note book and write my mistakes in it and how to do thing correctly so if I have a similar problem in the future I can look and see what I did wrong or right the last time. He's such a helpful guy!

sandy l 01-03-2013 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by alleyoop1 (Post 5758623)
My husband suggested I keep a little note book and write my mistakes in it and how to do thing correctly so if I have a similar problem in the future I can look and see what I did wrong or right the last time. He's such a helpful guy!

Tell him thanks, great idea and how big of a notebook does he want for his workshop/garage,etc.?:D

justflyingin 01-03-2013 04:54 AM

I think we've all done equally dumb things so you'd probably have to share the award. :)

ArtsyOne 01-03-2013 05:23 AM

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who forgets to change feet when moving from one task to another!

cr12cats 01-04-2013 04:55 AM

if you got that award I guess i am up the the dumber than mud award.last night I was sewing on the last qillow for my kids and it started to have problems and then snagged up real good. well after that thought it best to walk away and go to bed cause after changing the bobbin i forgot to put the bobbin cover plate back on. what a mess to unsnag all that thread and not being able to get the bobbin out or the quillow off.. I finally got it but believe me folks you don't want to try that one.I'm glad your problem was not your machine just a oversight.

twinkie 01-04-2013 05:17 AM

You can't have that award, it already belongs to me. I have made many mistakes doing FMQ on my Featherweight. But like you, I am going to keep trying. Don't give up.

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter (Post 5757297)
FMQ is not my thing, but I keep trying. Some days I seem to be getting better. Not today. Today I'm trying to FMQ a string quilt. Everything is going wrong. I rethread everything. I change tension. I generally futz around. Finally, things seem a bit better. I actually do 3 blocks that don't look too bad. Somehow I break a needle. It gets stuck in the machine. After several minutes, I get everything out and reattach the foot. I decide I need a break. As I set here on the computer, I look at my machine and what do I see?!?!?

I have been attempting FMQ with a straight stitch foot! Good grief. Maybe I need a longer break.

Mary T. 01-04-2013 06:06 AM

You are not alone!!

katei 01-04-2013 08:37 AM

My friend once fmq a whole quilt - with the presser foot down - it was amazing how well it turned out!

gertz 01-04-2013 08:49 AM

If you stick a cotton ball or a wad of batting size of cotton ball in the loop of your cone thread holder the thread will not loop out