Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Giving credit where due (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/giving-credit-where-due-t206842.html)

Quilter 65 11-24-2012 02:56 PM

Giving credit where due

When things don't go well, it is so easy for me to complain. However, this past month I have had the most pleasant experience with fabric.com that I wanted to give credit to them. In October, I had ordered enough material for a quilt and from the picture (having not seen it in person), thought it was exactly what I wanted. Well, it wasn't what I had in mind when it arrived. I am sure it was exactly as portrayed, but not what I had envisioned and not what I thought would work after all. Without question, they accepted it back and paid for return shipping and refunded my money. Then this week, they had the fabric that I have been longing to locate. Local stores have one or two pieces, but not the collection. So I ordered a few days ago using their coupon code and saving a bunch of money. They indicated that they had three yards of the border fabric that I wanted. I ordered it and found they didn't have that much left and what they had was in two pieces. They contacted me wanting to know if that would work. I have to have enough to use for a mitered corners of the border so it has to be one piece. They have been so pleasant to work with and not quibbled at all. When I talked on the phone with the customer representative, she was so pleasant. I was drilled and schooled on customer service in my job and my experience with them personifies what I was taught. I am so pleased. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Jo C 11-24-2012 03:03 PM

I've had the same good service from Fabric Worm. They've called to let me know they were out of something. Good to deal with nice people!

Treasureit 11-24-2012 03:06 PM

That is great to know...it gets challenging when ordering online, but with this kind of customer service...you can't go wrong.

DogHouseMom 11-24-2012 04:17 PM

I have nothing but good things to say ... even after mis-haps. I recently placed a big order (when they had their big sale on Kona Cottons). They contacted me to say they did not have a 4 yard cut of one of the fabrics, but they had two 2 yard cuts and would I accept it. I was very pleased that they took the time to ask. I agreed to take two 2 yard cuts.

As it happens, when the box arrived, there was only one 2 yard cut of this specific fabric. I can well imagine how the mis-hap happened in shipping - especially during a time when so many orders were placed (this was a HUGE sale!). I contacted them and they immediately credited my account.

I can understand mis-haps ... they happen ... especially when they are super busy. I bear no ill feelings for it as it was corrected immediately.

BTW - their cuts were quite generous as well.

ckcowl 11-24-2012 05:15 PM

i've been shopping with them for many, many years- they are my (go-to) store when ever i need anything- they have always been great about fixing any problems- which don't happen often- the customer service people are great- their sales are great- one of my all time favorite on line places to go- so glad to hear others feel satisfied too..i was buying from them before i really started quilting- making clothes for kids/relatives.

HillCountryGal 11-24-2012 06:03 PM

I too have had good experiences with fabric.com. And their customer service people are WONDERFUL. I felt like I was talking to someone that understands fabric/sewers/quilters.

Thank YOU Quilter 65 for posting your positive experience. It's so easy for us to complain and never mention when things go well.

Quilter 65 11-24-2012 06:33 PM

Hill Country Gal, I recently had a pleasant experience in Texas as well. Stopped at Stitchin Heaven in Mineola. Wow! That was a great experience as well. Didn't have as much time as I would have liked, but would love to shop there if it were many, many miles closer. Such pretty fabrics. And the displays, fantastic!

joyce888 11-24-2012 08:32 PM

Fabric.com has always been my first company to recommend to anyone wanting to order fabric on line. Any problem I've had has always been dealt with in a very positive manner.

Amythyst02 11-26-2012 04:21 AM

Its so nice to hear good things, thank you all for posting your good experiences !!!

Teacup 11-26-2012 04:33 AM

I give them a thumbs-up too! Great service. I got 3 yards of a fabric I didn't order and did not have one that I did order. They immediately sent the right fabric and did not want the other returned.