Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   glue baste bottles at Joann's (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/glue-baste-bottles-joanns-t154918.html)

katier825 09-22-2011 08:30 AM

I noticed at my local JoAnn's they had a package of 4 or 6 small needle-point bottles suitable to use for glue basting. They were only $2.99. They were NOT with the glues though, they were in the next aisle over, near the X-acto knives.

I have a similar bottle that I bought with the metal tip, but I rarely us the tip. The point on the bottle is small enough that if I am careful, it works just fine for glue basting.

kraftykimberly 09-22-2011 08:35 AM

Thanks for the tip !!

QuilterGary 09-22-2011 08:46 AM

Thanks I have been looking for those bottles

katier825 09-22-2011 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterGary
Thanks I have been looking for those bottles

I got mine at Michael's several months ago, in the aisle with the acrylic paints. It's the first time I'd seen them at Joann's.

QBeth 09-22-2011 08:57 AM

Being a long time Yankee, it bugged me that I couldn't refill those very small bottles of hand sanitizer from a larger, cheap, squirt bottle. Every time I tried, no matter how careful, I'd make a mess, with the sanitizer refusing to go down the smaller bottle's throat. Believe me, I tried. Finally found a bottle in a home improvement store which sounds similar to what you found; it has a long tapered point that fits perfectly into the small bottle. Fill it up using the large bottle and squirt into the smaller one! The money spent on those small, more convenient, bottles can really add up.

craftybear 09-22-2011 09:09 AM

thanks now all of us will be going to Joann's and buy up the bottles

Originally Posted by katier825
I noticed at my local JoAnn's they had a package of 4 or 6 small needle-point bottles suitable to use for glue basting. They were only $2.99. They were NOT with the glues though, they were in the next aisle over, near the X-acto knives.

I have a similar bottle that I bought with the metal tip, but I rarely us the tip. The point on the bottle is small enough that if I am careful, it works just fine for glue basting.

katier825 09-22-2011 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
thanks now all of us will be going to Joann's and buy up the bottles

LOL Just like the blades at Harbor Freight? :)

Tallulah 09-22-2011 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by QBeth
Being a long time Yankee, it bugged me that I couldn't refill those very small bottles of hand sanitizer from a larger, cheap, squirt bottle. Every time I tried, no matter how careful, I'd make a mess, with the sanitizer refusing to go down the smaller bottle's throat. Believe me, I tried. Finally found a bottle in a home improvement store which sounds similar to what you found; it has a long tapered point that fits perfectly into the small bottle. Fill it up using the large bottle and squirt into the smaller one! The money spent on those small, more convenient, bottles can really add up.

I refill the smaller bottles, too. Have one in every car door pocket.

Zhillslady 09-22-2011 10:37 AM

Sorry to sound stupid but what part of your binding do you glue? I'd never heard of it until an earlier post today.

snipforfun 09-22-2011 10:40 AM

If they are metal I have some but found that the metal tip is really hard to keep unplugged. I bit the bullet and spent a kings ransom for tips from Sharon Schamber. They are tips that fit on Elmers Glue bottles and are plastic. Im very careful with them after hitting one with the iron!