Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Going completely crazy.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/going-completely-crazy-t154414.html)

Patti Mahoney 09-20-2011 09:57 AM

My hand stitched 1" GFG top is almost finished and in some delusional moment in my life, lol, I've decided I want a 1/2" GFG quilt. Anyone want to help cut out 1/2" hexs? Geez, this is when I think it would be great to have grandkids, lololol.....

Scissor Queen 09-20-2011 10:00 AM

<waves bye-bye> Have a good trip!

MoanaWahine 09-20-2011 10:03 AM

My Aunt is creating a 1" GFG. From those scraps she is creating a 1/2" GFG. From those scraps she is creating what I believe is a 1/4" GFG. All by hand. As she says, she does not have scraps left after the 1/4" pieces are cut out. :shock:

What I saw of them this past summer it was amazing what she has done with all three of them at the same time. Have fun with yours and it will turn out wonderful!! :thumbup:

Quilter7x 09-20-2011 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen

Ditto that! :lol:

I'm positive it will be gorgeous when you are through, but I surely don't have the patience, the finger dexterity or the eye sight to do stuff that small any more! :lol:

MTS 09-20-2011 10:10 AM

Will it be king sized?

LadyElisabeth 09-20-2011 10:14 AM

Oh my goodness, ditto to the no longer have the hand and finger dexterity.

humbird 09-20-2011 10:21 AM

Congrats on having your 1" GFG nearly finished! If you google "Insanity Quilt" you should come up with several quilts using 1/2 inch hexies. Someone else on this thread mentioned 1/4 in. That lady deserves a Purple Ribbon for sure! I have done a few 1/2 in to use in applique border. They are so cute, but don't think I'll start a whole quilt very soon! Have fun! You can do it!!!

Granny Quilter 09-20-2011 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Quilter7x

Ditto that! :lol:

I'm positive it will be gorgeous when you are through, but I surely don't have the patience, the finger dexterity or the eye sight to do stuff that small any more! :lol:

that makes 3 of us!

Izy 09-20-2011 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Patti Mahoney
My hand stitched 1" GFG top is almost finished and in some delusional moment in my life, lol, I've decided I want a 1/2" GFG quilt. Anyone want to help cut out 1/2" hexs? Geez, this is when I think it would be great to have grandkids, lololol.....

Can't you just use 1" squares? I would LOVE to see this when you do it

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Jennie and Me 09-20-2011 12:08 PM

I started one using the 3/4" hexes. That's as far as I've gotten. Saw the 1/4" ones and those are so cute and soooo tiny, but I would like to try them. I need to draft out my plan/pattern for the bigger one