Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   going to Dallas this weekend..trip postponed because of a tire. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/going-dallas-weekend-trip-postponed-because-tire-t12288.html)

sew_lulu 10-17-2008 03:57 AM

I'm very excited for you!!! Please post picture when you're back.

Craftybug 10-17-2008 04:12 AM

How exciting, I envy you :mrgreen: Have fun visiting and shopping.

Susan in Texas 10-17-2008 05:59 AM

Oh please do let us know what you find. I lived in the Dallas area for many years and never heard of this place. Be careful on Harry Hines.....take someone with you and don't go in the evening. :shock:

babeegirl 10-17-2008 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Susan in Texas
Oh please do let us know what you find. I lived in the Dallas area for many years and never heard of this place. Be careful on Harry Hines.....take someone with you and don't go in the evening. :shock:

that's for sure:) although in the years past when I went there during the day, there was never any unsavory characters hanging around. Night time is an entirely different story I'm sure. Nope, don't go down to that area after dark. I remember one year, I think it was 1998 or so, I was doing the shop hop and had to go to Ft. Worth. Well, I am known for getting lost, and I did a bang up job that day. I took a wrong exit and ended up in a part of FW that you don't go to even during the day. Scared me to death and I got myself back on that highway lickety split.

Joan 10-17-2008 08:23 AM

Have a good time--you lucky girl--we will want to see the evidence (of the good time....LOL)

marjeet 10-17-2008 11:51 AM

Golden D'Or is still there, and has improved over the years! Did you know there are also several more on Perth Street just north of there? It runs west off Harry Hines. ABC has been one of my favorites; haven't been there in a while, though.

Missi 10-17-2008 01:17 PM

I have a friend from school that has been begging me to come to Dallas and visit now I have a great reason to go besides seeing her of course :)

johnette 10-17-2008 07:00 PM

Please let us know how it goes. I might be interested in going there myself.

bailey b 10-18-2008 06:51 AM

The Fabric places are still there. They are on Perth(a cul de sac)/Harry Hines just south of Walnut Hill. Golden D'or is south of Perth and faces Harry Hines. The ones on Perth carry a lot of home dec fabric with your cottons mixed in. If you can find what you want, there is one place where you can by the fabric by the bolt for about $1.75 a yard. Golden D'or has just about anything you could want, starting with precut remnants (be sure to check for flaws) at the front for $.99 a yd but you have to buy all..usually less than 4 yds. Most cottons on the bolt are $2.99 yd or less. Don't miss the notions room at the front.... Ric Rac is $.25 a yd. Most all take credit cards.

Janstar 10-22-2008 09:22 PM

Welcome bailey b from Washington state.