Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Got a nice surprise when using a Bernina minimatic (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/got-nice-surprise-when-using-bernina-minimatic-t220255.html)

mckwilter 05-10-2013 07:20 AM

I love my Berninas.

QultingaddictUK 05-10-2013 07:50 AM

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement sewing plate for the Bernina minimatic 807 the one on it has some damage, not serious but.............

Candace 05-10-2013 03:10 PM

I would imagine you're going to have to watch ebay and put out feelers for a donor machine.

franc36 05-10-2013 03:51 PM

I love the way you have your room set up with both machines. I have a featherweight that I use for piecing. I use my large Bernina for FMQ and machine appliqué. I think you will enjoy having 2 machines in your sewing room.

QultingaddictUK 05-12-2013 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by franc36 (Post 6056757)
I love the way you have your room set up with both machines. I have a featherweight that I use for piecing. I use my large Bernina for FMQ and machine appliqué. I think you will enjoy having 2 machines in your sewing room.

I am, I have 2 quite important quilts on the go at the moment, one for a customer and a replacement quilt for me, my one is piecing stage and the customers one is at the FMQ stage so I am finding it very hand to switch from one machine to the other without having to change threads etc. I know it is no big deal but ever little help is greatfully received and I am enjoying using the Bernina for piecing, it is so cute, small and oh so perfect stitches.

StitchTwitch 08-25-2020 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by quiltstringz (Post 6034006)
The old ones are the best!

you are right there.

StitchTwitch 08-25-2020 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by QultingaddictUK (Post 6033858)
IMO you should get it out, oil and play you might get a nice surprise. If you look carefully at the pic I posted you can see that I have a really straight stitch, something that is hard to get since the "swing needle" came in, even my really expensive elna straight stitch has a slight twist, just a tad but I know it's there :)

I concur. You might get a very pleasant surprise. She’s a beauty and I’d like to think your 807 Bernina could be set up alongside. Mine, is a love affair despite having an Elna 62C which is beautiful. (Plus an electronic bernina which barely rates compared to the others). I hope you get her out. Clean and oil her. I’d like to hear.

StitchTwitch 08-25-2020 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by QultingaddictUK (Post 6060290)
I am, I have 2 quite important quilts on the go at the moment, one for a customer and a replacement quilt for me, my one is piecing stage and the customers one is at the FMQ stage so I am finding it very hand to switch from one machine to the other without having to change threads etc. I know it is no big deal but ever little help is greatfully received and I am enjoying using the Bernina for piecing, it is so cute, small and oh so perfect stitches.

oh so perfect stitch.

juliasb 08-25-2020 08:23 AM

Set t hem both up in your sewing space so you can use one for piecing and the other for quilting or other sewing. I know I have several machines in my studio ready to go. My embroidery machine, then I alternate between my FW and Juki. I also have a number of different machines that I can choose for other things too,

Onebyone 08-26-2020 04:26 AM

I keep my Bernina 1260 set up for piecing.