Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Grace Pattern Perfect Templates (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/grace-pattern-perfect-templates-t152414.html)

Debbie B 09-12-2011 10:55 AM

Does anyone have these & use them? It looks like a bunch of wavy lines to me. Can the lines be combined to make something? And can you post a picture of a quilt that you used the templates on? I can't seem to find anything on line or you tube that shows what you can do with them ... other than wanting to sell them. Thanks.

leatheflea 09-12-2011 11:12 AM

They are used on the grace frame with a stylist pointer to do quilt designs. Setting your stylist in the groove and following.

Debbie B 09-12-2011 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by leatheflea
They are used on the grace frame with a stylist pointer to do quilt designs. Setting your stylist in the groove and following.

I just bought a used frame & machine & the templates came with it. I just wondered if you could make more than just lines going across the quilt. It looks like you could do a fan across the quilt by placing the arches underneath each other at different starting points. But, other than that it just looks like lines. Would love to see some pictures of quilts that people have used the templates on. Do you have the set?

quilttiludrop 09-12-2011 04:35 PM

I didn't take pictures of the quilts that I have made using them. I used a couple of the patterns in an "Aztec" design quilt (zig-zag and partial squares in a line). I am no longer using my set since I prefer paper pantograph quilting.

doglover 09-12-2011 04:44 PM

There are different sets. One set has 4 patterns on one side and 4 patterns on the other side. Other templates have flowers, hearts, curves, etc. I usually just combine one or two line to go across the quilt and use another one for the borders.
Have you gone to www.graceframe.com to see what is available. Also I believe they have a video to watch and instructions.
Hope this helps. It took me a long time to get the courage to start using mine but after I started, I loved them. Oh, they also have block patterns for squares. Check out the website.
doglover.

doglover 09-12-2011 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Debbie B
Does anyone have these & use them? It looks like a bunch of wavy lines to me. Can the lines be combined to make something? And can you post a picture of a quilt that you used the templates on? I can't seem to find anything on line or you tube that shows what you can do with them ... other than wanting to sell them. Thanks.

I forgot to mention in my earlier reply that I chocked on my piece of pie when I read the part about "......other than wanting to sell them." very funny.
doglover

QuiltingByCourtney 02-07-2013 11:43 AM

3 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]393702[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]393703[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]393701[/ATTACH] Here are a couple baby quilts that I did with my templates when I first started using them....I am lots better at keeping things straight now then when I first started trying to use them...I am actually looking to buy the flower,hearts & swirls patterns if anyone has those patterns for sale :) hope this helps...but yes if you are looking to do more then just lines I suppose one could flip their quilt and go back the other way to make lines going more then one way on the quilt. I do love doing more free hand now though.