Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Great sale at Joann's this weekend (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/great-sale-joanns-weekend-t7448.html)

moonhoney2 05-24-2008 03:50 PM

All quilter's notions are 50% off. Some batting is included in that.

I went there initially looking for Sponge Bob fabric (they didn't have any), ended up talking with one of the women who work there. I wanted to take her home with me. :lol: She was awesome! I spent 1.5hr talking with her and asking her questions. I fell in love with her. Unfortunately, this was her last day. :(

She took the time to explain so many things that I was confused about and gave me a lot of tips on how to do what I want to do.

After 2 more stops, I was $300 lighter and am now going to make a Mickey Mouse quilt. :lol:

ccbear66 05-24-2008 05:46 PM

I also find the ladies at Joann's very friendly. Don't forget to post pics of your progress on the Mickey Mouse quilt. We all love pics.

moonhoney2 05-24-2008 07:26 PM

I'll definitely post the pics as I go. :) I'm going to need assurances that I'm doing it right. :lol:

This was my first time dealing with the fabric dept. They are really really nice there. Also at Walmart and Hobby Lobby, too.

I am working on a pot holder tonite to practice doing quilt as you go. That's the only way I'll be able to do the MM quilt and have it done in time for his bday next month. I hope to get that done tonite and start on the quilt tomorrow. I told the BF he needs to give me time to work on this. I WANT it done for his bday.

I also got a small MM quilt kit for my other son, who is also in love with MM at the moment. I hope to get that done in time for the party as well so they can both get one. Less fighting that way. :lol:

Now I just need our guests to leave already so I can start on this. :paranoid

fabricluvr 05-25-2008 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by moonhoney2
ended up talking with one of the women who work there. I wanted to take her home with me. :lol: She was awesome! I spent 1.5hr talking with her and asking her questions. I fell in love with her. Unfortunately, this was her last day. :(

She took the time to explain so many things that I was confused about and gave me a lot of tips on how to do what I want to do.

our ladies at jo-anns are really nice too! except they don't know much about the different hobbies. they usually ask ME the questions!

too bad your store is losing her!

Queen 05-26-2008 02:36 AM

Loretta, that is funny! Not being able to touch the fabric.
Mary

tlrnhi 05-26-2008 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by Loretta
Our clerks at Joanns for the most part are friendly, except for one grumpy woman who said to me recently, "Please don't touch the fabric". LOL

Don't touch the fabric? You are joking, right?
Where is this place....I'm on my way and I'm going to bring the "fabric licker" with me!! lol

kathy 05-26-2008 02:54 AM

I've never been to Joann's ( it's in the mall and I hate going there!) but I do shop online there, I can't imagine being told not to touch the fabric! :shock:

lfw045 05-26-2008 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi

Originally Posted by Loretta
Our clerks at Joanns for the most part are friendly, except for one grumpy woman who said to me recently, "Please don't touch the fabric". LOL

Don't touch the fabric? You are joking, right?
Where is this place....I'm on my way and I'm going to bring the "fabric licker" with me!! lol

:shock: :lol: I can't breatheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :lol:

Linda D.

Elizabeth A. 05-26-2008 08:16 AM

Oh my! Can't touch the fabric? Moonhoney I'm glad you found someone to help you with all those things. Just think maybe when you get your Mickey Quilt done they will have found and trained a replacement to be just a good.

My Joann's is rather "shelly" if you ask them questions, you'll get answers, but they aren't especially friendly. But they never ever ever answer the phone. I have been on hold over half an hour trying to find something out, and don't get anything but the recording over and over again.

And the Viking part of the store, oh yuck they are just miseriable people unless you are bringing them a wad of money that you never want back. But that's another tale, isn't it?