Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Guilt reliever!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/guilt-reliever-t6071.html)

Izy 04-10-2008 11:44 AM

Well listen to this!!!! - I have just had a fantastic suggestion put to me by our fellow quilter extroadinaire - Cathy m. Cathy had read through my message on Henrys thread about Joann's purchases in the picture link, in which I asked if you all knew how lucky you were to have such a selection of fabric shops on your doorstep and to be able to buy as much fabric as you need, and I explained the sheer difficulty we have here in Spain in getting fabric and how during last weeks lesson at my quilting group we had all been in a frenzy trying to grab what we could from a couple of carrier bags of scraps one of the group had kindly donated.......

SO...... Cathy has suggested that if any of you have ANY scraps of fabric, unfinished, unloved, unwanted projects .... ANYTHING that you can bear to part with we would be absolutely over the moon to received them here in Spain, we have a lot of talented ladies and we could do so much more for our local charities too!!

Cathy says this would be a great way to relieve the guilt that all quilters feel when they have 'excess' hoards of fabric and unfinished/unloved projects that are cluttering up your sewing rooms so that by donating these to a severely 'fabric deprived' and frustrated quilting group' you will no longer suffer from the terrible guilt of having too much in your 'stash'!!! :D :D

So how do all feel about Cathy's suggestion?????

My address is:-

Casa la Joya,
Apartado de correo 609,
29740 Torre del Mar,
Malaga,
SPAIN.

Any donations will be greatfully received, and we will be eternally grateful for your generosity. :) :) :)

Cathy M 04-10-2008 11:47 AM

What is the weight limit of boxes sent to Spain?

vicki reno 04-10-2008 11:52 AM

Let me check postage rates to you and then I will see what I can come up with. I had a lot of fabric given to me years ago when I headed up a group at church and none of the other ladies wanted it.

Izy 04-10-2008 11:54 AM

I appreciate that postage may be an issue, but by whatever means is the cheapest....we can wait.... you are all sooo kind, Cathy I have just read the thread about you and Henry sending a gift to Barb, you are angels.... :) :) :) :)

vicki reno 04-10-2008 12:28 PM

I'll pm you next week and let you know what I sent . It will probably go out next Wed. I have commitments this weekend and generally get off early on Wednesdays.

Izy 04-10-2008 12:31 PM

Vicki you are a star!! - Thank you soooooo muuuuuuch, I can't wait.... I will let you know as soon as it arrives.

Muchas gracias mi amiga!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

vicki reno 04-10-2008 12:46 PM

Glad to help out! :-)

Izy 04-10-2008 12:47 PM

Cant wait til it comes......it'll be like xmas tee hee!!!!!!!!

henryparrish76 04-10-2008 01:19 PM

I will see what I can do Izy :)

Izy 04-10-2008 01:21 PM

my.....I think am gonna cry, you are all soooo thoughtful, thanks Henry xx