Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hancocks of Paducah Question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hancocks-paducah-question-t41080.html)

SuzyM 03-29-2010 07:59 AM

I just ordered some fabric from them. I know that you have recommended them on other threads.

On Thursday I tried to order off their website but for some reason it didn't like my three digit number off the back of my card. So I called and placed my order over the phone and my card went through just fine.

However, it is now Monday and my card still has not been charged for the order.

Before I pick up the phone and call is this normal for them? I emailed their customer service but haven't heard anything yet. I have ordered fabric many times off the web but this is first time my card hasn't been charged within a day.

ellenmg 03-29-2010 08:43 AM

I would call. Just to make sure there was no problem. I have ordered several times and they were very quick to get it to me....

Darlene 03-29-2010 11:32 AM

Some companies don't activate the card until they ship the product. Maybe this is what happened to you.

BKinCO 03-29-2010 11:39 AM

I just ordered from them a couple of weeks ago. Their service was SUPER slow. It was several days before I got confirmation of my order, then they charged my card...it was over a full week before they shipped my order. Ironically, the day my order was due to arrive they sent me another email that one of the items I had ordered was backordered and was not included in my order. I'm not so sure why it took so long to hear about that.

Anyway, I have to say, I'm not in a rush to order from them again. Hopefully this was just a fluke and isn't a bad sign of their company.

SuzyM 03-29-2010 11:53 AM

I called them and they said the order was being processed. So we will see how it goes. I have order on quite a bit and this is the first one that seems off so I got a bit worried. I never received an answer to my email inquiry.

Anyhoo I will let everyone know how it goes.

amma 03-29-2010 12:17 PM

Most of the online shops I order from, don't submit the charge until my order is filled and ready to be shipped. I prefer that, that way if they are short an item, I don't have to deal with seeing charges/refunds on my statements :D:D:D
Also the shipping charges may just be an estimate when you check out...this way they don't have to mess with an additional charge/credit to your card when they determine the actual shipping fee.

I have gone out to eat, and the restaurant didn't submit their charges for a day or two... when a card is swiped, the charge is not always immediately sent to your bank, the business may have to do an additional submit from their terminal... this is usually not done until the end of the day or maybe not done at all over a weekend...:wink: where I have worked, we only did the final submit at the end of our shifts.

Fabriholic 03-29-2010 05:09 PM

Hmmm ... interesting. I've learned something here today. Thanks!!

1quilt_gma 03-29-2010 06:33 PM

I was lucky to go there on a trip last October. Went two mornings in a row. There were a lot of employees filling orders and not many in-house customers. Mr. Hancock (Sr.) was nice enough to stop and talk to us (my DH and I) and also wait on us when we left. He said at that time they were 2,000 orders behind...... My guess it was because of Christmas orders.

I was able to wander at my hearts content...Lovely time.

ellenmg 03-30-2010 05:12 AM

Oh no you didn't... I would take a day at Hancocks over a week at the beach.... I would never want to leave.... May have to investigate a day trip...