Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Happy Camper (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/happy-camper-t105246.html)

candlequilter 03-05-2011 02:34 PM

I spent yesterday at the Sew Expo in Puyallup. I came home with a new Oliso Itouch iron, the TG 1600 - the yellow one just like what they use on Fons & Porter, and the Curver Master which is the attachment foot that you use to sew curved pieces like in the Drunkard Path and the double wedding ring just to name a few. Anyway I have been sewing with my curver master and pressing with my new itouch iron all day and I am a happy camper. I love both of them because they do work very nicely. The Curver master has a 1/4" guide on it as part of how it works but you can also sew just regular straight seams to with it. If you do any curve piecing I would strongly suggest this attachment. Or if you have been looking for a 1/4" guide or foot this would work for that as well. With the curve master you don't have to pin your pieces together so it is a time saver. Plus it was easy to do - it worked on the very first pieces that I tried. Anyway just thought I would share this two great toys that I got yesterday.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter

Magdalena 03-05-2011 02:39 PM

Thanks for letting me know. I just bought one a couple of weeks ago. I am curious now :)

sewmuchmore 03-05-2011 02:39 PM

I would love to see a picture of it please. :XD:

LivelyLady 03-05-2011 02:46 PM

I bought my curve master last year at a quilt show and just love it....and you are right about the 1/4 inch foot...works great :thumbup:

Dolphyngyrl 03-05-2011 03:10 PM

I've had my curve master foot for a year, have yet to use. My goal next year is to attempt a DWR pattern

sueisallaboutquilts 03-05-2011 03:14 PM

Sherryl, I'm so happy for you!!
It's so much fun to get new toys! :D:D
That curvemaster- is it generic??
Or is it for a specific machine?

candlequilter 03-05-2011 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Sherryl, I'm so happy for you!!
It's so much fun to get new toys! :D:D
That curvemaster- is it generic??
Or is it for a specific machine?

The curve master comes with 6 different shanks for all the different types of sewing machines and then it has one attachment foot that you click on to the shank. The shank is to position the foot so it is the right height and distance for the specific machines.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter

sassyg 03-05-2011 03:23 PM

the curve master works on viking;janome;bernina;babylock;singer;featherweigh t;white;elna;kenmore; it has a high and low shanks adaptor

sueisallaboutquilts 03-05-2011 03:23 PM

Nice! Thank you! :D:D

candlequilter 03-05-2011 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by sassyg
the curve master works on viking;janome;bernina;babylock;singer;featherweigh t;white;elna;kenmore; it has a high and low shanks adaptor

It also works on Pfaffs - that is what I have.

Thanks,
Sherryl