Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Has anyone been winter cleaning? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/has-anyone-been-winter-cleaning-t95823.html)

pollyjvan9 02-01-2011 11:56 AM

I have and so has my friend Sharon. We have both been sorting our fabric stashes and quilting supplies and books and patterns and trying to come up with a guaranteed way to find everything when we want it. I had been looking for a 9 degree ruler for a month or so and low and behold I already had one! Saved myself some money!

I always get in the mood to clean and organize and discard just after New Years, it seems to get me off to a good optimistic start to a new year.

When I was young I though the year 2000 sounded like sci-fi. I can't begin to tell you how 2011 makes me feel.

quilter1943 02-01-2011 12:02 PM

I love to clean out the closet in my sewing room! I thought you meant real cleaning. UGH!

cherylynne 02-01-2011 12:03 PM

Yup, I'm going down into the basement again. I'm a little worried that we might get some water when the rain comes and the snow melts. Then I'm going to tackle my bedroom closet. I keep telling myself that I will want to enjoy the spring and summer months with a better organized home.

shequilts 02-01-2011 12:07 PM

You scared me to death! I thought you meant "spring cleaning!"
I haven't finished for 2010!

clair 02-01-2011 12:22 PM

LOL. cleaning when I could be sewing-- not a chance in this world.

Sadiemae 02-01-2011 12:25 PM

Congratulations on your new ruler, I found a 10 degree the other day. Who knows when I got that.

donac 02-01-2011 12:31 PM

I have been alternating between sewing and cleaning. I would love an organized space. It would make more productive. I have found out that I love to go into a clean space. I even rearranged the the table. Dh looked and said after 23 years of the table being one way you had to change it.

Ds got a new tv at Christmas and he moved his old one down. We still have to hook it up to the dvd player so I can watch something but I am getting closer to having a nice size screen down there.

I have been avoiding my sewing room for the last few years but now getting excited again.

Juliebelle 02-01-2011 01:33 PM

Yes I have been on cleaning and sorting binge did 5 bags of shredding of outdated documents, cleaned out my fabric, finally after 3 years sorted thru my scrape booking supplies, what a mess that was. I am also slowing going thru about 10 years of quilting magazines and paring down. It is so amazing how it all builds up and then one day it hits you, I really need to go thru this stuff. Figure if I go slow and do a little every week it will keep me motivated to finish the other areas.

SuziC 02-01-2011 02:42 PM

I seem to always start spring cleaning right after New Years...I think it's my way of hurrying Spring to come. LOL

jdiane318 02-01-2011 02:56 PM

I decded to go through the McKenna Ryan patterns I have made and have about 8 that I will probably sell. I love her stuff, make a wall-hanging and then I'm done. I took one of her patterns and substituted mules for the deer. The man I made it for loved it even though his employees teased him about the mules, they used the other word, but he has it hanging in his office. I did clean and rearrange my sewing room, and have spent time sewing. The weather is pretty rough right now, c'mon Spring.