Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Has anyone heard of Ink-Lique? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/has-anyone-heard-ink-lique-t109410.html)

PJL 03-21-2011 07:37 AM

I saw this ad for a class. I went to the website it listed but I don't get it. The fabric is pre-quilted and then all you do is "paint" it with markers? Any thoughts?

"Ink-Lique is the process Sherry used on her quilt Tribal Fusion and Lollapalooza that has taken numorous ribbons and awards in the national quilting shows including placing in the top ten at Paducah and viewers choice.

Learn the new technique that is taking the quilting world by storm! If you can trace, quilt and you like to color, then your going to love this in process workshop! In this workshop you will learn all Sherry's secrets and we will go through them step-by-step so that you can create your own masterpiece. Sherry is including a powerpoint presentation and trunk show of all her colorful inked quilts which will leave you inspired for more! Supplies to get you started are included. A 12X12" pre-quilted and fully prepared inkling is provided to each student." by Sherry Rogers-Harrison

scowlkat 03-21-2011 07:47 AM

I saw her demo this and bought the fabric and markers. It looks easy when done by Sherry but I still haven't gotten around to trying it myself.

BellaBoo 03-21-2011 07:52 AM

I use to crochet tabletoppers, doilies, etc from white cotton thread and then color the design with oil pastels, markers, crayons, etc. Once set the colors stay in. I think I got coloring out of my system after doing that for so long.

Numa 03-21-2011 08:01 AM

One of the ladies in my quilt guild has done it and it is gorgeous!

suezquilts 03-21-2011 10:36 AM

Yes, I have seen it, yet to try, I have lots of markers to get started!
Loving the process, just not enough time in the day~!

LivelyLady 03-21-2011 10:39 AM

This is the first I've heard of it. Sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out. Thanks for sharing.

PJL 03-21-2011 11:22 AM

Thanks everyone. I think it sounds intriguing and maybe not so hard to do:-)

susie-susie-susie 03-21-2011 01:14 PM

Years ago there was a system for liquid embroidery. The colors were in a tube with a ball point tip. Is this the same thing? Or something simular? This was popular about 40-45 years ago and sold at home parties.
Sue

BellaBoo 03-21-2011 01:25 PM

I remember liquid embroidery. I still have pillowcases my grandmother embroidered with the paints. The paint has not rubbed off or cracked in all these years and the pillowcases have been used a lot. She use to wash them in hot bleach water. The paint did not bleed or feather on the fabric. No special fixative needed that I remember. No one was allowed to touch her embroidery paints, they were very expensive to buy for a hobby and hard to find. I saw some at Hobby Lobby but I doubt it is the same quality as the original paints.

PJL 03-21-2011 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by susie-susie-susie
Years ago there was a system for liquid embroidery. The colors were in a tube with a ball point tip. Is this the same thing? Or something simular? This was popular about 40-45 years ago and sold at home parties.
Sue

I remember those! My mom had them and did some beautiful pillowcases with them. We were into that craft and painting ceramic statutes back then. I chose macrame myself but mom liked painting more. She did hang tons of plants using my macrame plant hangers! I think she gave away a lot of 'em to keep the house from looking like a jungle!