Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Has anyone used that Aunt Becky Tool?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/has-anyone-used-aunt-becky-tool-t7385.html)

Butterflyspain 05-23-2008 01:17 AM

Hi everyone, just wondered if anyone had actually purchased one of them thar thingys. Is it as easy as she makes it look :roll: I would like to try and hand quilt and watched the video of Jean Brown whizzin away.

Can anyone say roughly how long to hand quilt a Queen size quilt, or am I asking the impos...... probably the answer is as long as it takes heh :D :D

At the mo quilting my Rosewood cottage by machine and doing 8 blocks at a time, Its easier to manipulate and I havenīt found any set backs to doing it this way :-) Update later on this one.

Elle xx

MAXIES2 05-23-2008 03:36 AM

Hello, I too watched that video and like everything else the experts always make it look easy. I am tempted to buy one, yes they have found their way to the UK, as I only hand quilt , however the way I slouch on the setee to do it may make it more difficult, the hoop she was using might be the answer but with a rather delicate back I dont know how long I could sit up straight sewing.
Katherine

Up North 05-23-2008 03:51 AM

I looked at one on the internet and am going to have my son make it for me. Maxies2 maybe you could have one made with two of the posts shorter to put it at an angle? Sure looks easy enough to make.

Butterflyspain 05-23-2008 03:55 AM

Hello Maxie2, Have you the name of the supplier in the UK. It would be easier for me to buy on the internet from the UK. Only place I have found them so far is in USA. They were around $4.95.

I think that you would need a hoop and good idea, could get my DH to make one for me to give it a whirl.
Elle

MAXIES2 05-23-2008 05:21 AM

//www.cottonpatch.co.uk/acatalog/thimbles.html
This is the web address, however they are not cheap
Katherine

Butterflyspain 05-23-2008 06:05 AM

Thanks Katherine, I use Cotton Patch a lot, but havenīt seen that on the site, perhaps didnīt know what it was most likely. Will have a peek and get a shock with the price.

Thanks Elle

Up North 05-23-2008 07:58 AM

I think what I saw was something different- Hmm not paying attention again! lol

MAXIES2 05-23-2008 08:15 AM

I think you were on the right lines, it was the quilting hoop on a firm stand to use on your knees.I asked my husband about making one but I think it fell on deaf ears.
Katherine

Butterflyspain 05-23-2008 08:41 AM

Found it Katherine, and it wasnīt so expensive just 3.95GBP. might give it a whirl. Think also the hoop is needed but I will get one here as they are quite a lot cheaper in Spain.
Elle

MAXIES2 05-23-2008 08:46 AM

Glad you found it, I thought it rather expensive after seeing the price in the USA. but was tempted, do they have the frames with the solid base in Spain.
Katherine