Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Have a new baby - "GO! Cutter" that is! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/have-new-baby-%22go-cutter%22-t87070.html)

Tootsie 01-02-2011 01:07 PM

I'm so excited! I bought the Go! Baby Cutter today. Shoppers Rule had a sale I couldn't (didn't) refuse! Bought four dies in shapes I use frequently (squares, rectangles, triangles). I decided that the Baby was fine for me, since I don't do large quilts, plus I want to be able to easily take it with me in our travel trailer.

Has anyone posted a picture of a project made with their cutter? Love the ones I've seen on the Accuquilt site and the Yahoo group!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

BellaBoo 01-02-2011 01:37 PM

I have the Go and got the Go Baby when it was on sale for $99. It's so cute and it does an awesome job. I can use my narrow Go dies with it. DD took it home with her the last time she was here. That's okay, she left her Janome here. LOL.

crochetetc 01-02-2011 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I have the Go and got the Go Baby when it was on sale for $99. It's so cute and it does an awesome job. I can use my narrow Go dies with it. DD took it home with her the last time she was here. That's okay, she left her Janome here. LOL.

Since you have both what would you recommend for a first time user? the go baby or the regular go?

Snorky Lvs2Quilt 01-02-2011 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by crochetetc

Originally Posted by BellaBoo

Since you have both what would you recommend for a first time user? the go baby or the regular go?

Yes I would like to know also. I am thinking of getting one soon but not sure which to get first........what would you suggest?

crochetetc 01-02-2011 01:49 PM

I have priced it out and I can get the go baby with 4 dies for under $200, or get the large one for $300 no additional dies. But I have to decide today to get the baby deal online.

plainpat 01-02-2011 01:55 PM

I have the Accuquilt Go.Just learning how it works.I've never heard anything against either one,so think it's up to you.The Go is heavier, but mine won't be going anywhere, so that didn't matter.You can go to the Accuquilt site & see a chart showing which dies each uses.

Tootsie 01-02-2011 01:56 PM

I have priced it out and I can get the go baby with 4 dies for under $200, or get the large one for $300 no additional dies. But I have to decide today to get the baby deal online.

I got the Baby, four dies and two cutting mats for about $165. The dies I got are the 5" square, 3 1/2" square, 3 1/2 x 6 1/2" rectangle and the value die which has 4" and 2 1/2" squares and 2 1/2" triangles. I think it really does depend on what you want to do and how you would use it. For me, the portability and the type of projects I do were my main considerations. Of course, I'm eyeing more dies :lol:

crochetetc 01-02-2011 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tootsie

I got the Baby, four dies and two cutting mats for about $165. The dies I got are the 5" square, 3 1/2" square, 3 1/2 x 6 1/2" rectangle and the value die which has 4" and 2 1/2" squares and 2 1/2" triangles. I think it really does depend on what you want to do and how you would use it. For me, the portability and the type of projects I do were my main considerations. Of course, I'm eyeing more dies :lol:

I am looking at the 3 1/2 tumbler, rose of sharon, half square 3" finished and 2" squares. My hubby has talked me into getting this one for now and then I can upgrade after our disney trip in May if I want the bigger one.

BellaBoo 01-02-2011 02:02 PM

I like them both the same. But the Go has more die choices for bigger cuts and is more stable on the table when turning. There will be more dies coming for the Baby so I wouldn't let the lack of bigger cuts sway me too much. I already had a lot of the dies that would fit the Baby so I didn't think twice about getting one. I may never get it back from DD anyway. :lol:

SherryLea 01-02-2011 02:08 PM

I got the Accuquilt
Go for Christmas and haven'r really used it yet except to play around. Since mobility was not something I needed I wanted the bigger one. I think they are both neat and yes just decide what you want for you buck.