Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Have you ever started a quilt and hated to sew on it? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/have-you-ever-started-quilt-hated-sew-t23630.html)

Jim's Gem 08-02-2009 06:30 PM

Yes, and It also took me forever to get it done. If you don't like the fabrics it is hard to stay motivated!! At least it is for me.

zyxquilts 08-02-2009 07:42 PM

Oh yes - actually a pair of twin size log cabins in a autumn color scheme. I did finally finish them tho'.

sharon b 08-02-2009 07:54 PM

Yes and still working on it, but it was for me so no biggie. But since its for a friend and its a memory quilt just I think the best thing is to just buckle down and get it done. You will feel so much better when it done, and she will be so thankful
Sharon

billswife99 08-02-2009 08:04 PM

Been there with my mother's big brown ugly quilt! She wanted it all in little strips so I did a string quilt. OMG! I thought I would never finish that! Not one speck of blue or green or purple! But I knew it was important to her so I kept going. I just kept telling myself that I would do something really pretty on my next project. Still haven't gotten to my 'really pretty' but it's coming! Can you add some burgandy and navy to break it up a bit? Hang in there!

redrummy 08-02-2009 08:28 PM

Yes, I am working on one right now, I didn't like the design pattern she choose, didn't like trying to figure it out, and I should enjoy it, but it has been 7 months in the making and I am not done. Every time I tried working on it, I hated it, so I couldn't make myself do it. I am still trying.

retrogirl02 08-02-2009 09:54 PM

Oh yes. I think everyone on the site has probably had this happen at least once. Post some pictures and get some positive feedback. There are a lot of people looking to encourage others here and sometimes that's all we need to get going.
Best of luck scratching this off the to do list.

amma 08-02-2009 10:00 PM

Yes, there is one quilt that I do not like the colors, and it is hard to get it back out and get it finished...it makes me depressed almost to work on it LOL...Maybe I should get it out on a bright and sunny day and it will cheer that ol' thing up, too :lol: :lol: :lol:

littlehud 08-03-2009 08:00 AM

Yes!!!!!. My daughters memory quilt. I used all of her sorority T shirts. ( I didn't want her to join this sorority). It was big and heavy and hard to work with. I was so glad when it was done. By the way, she loves it.

MsSage 08-03-2009 09:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
yes LOL just finished it......my imperfection quilt gawd I hated it
David came in the day before yesterday and says he needs a new truck curtian....so I know there is a shop that sells quilt tops so I run over grab a "BOY" looking one cuz he already said he doesnt want a frily one ...NOPE he hates the blue top...BUT he really like the top I have sitting on the ironing board...asks will that one work?
So I have to sew 3 more rows together and sew them on.....grumbling the whole time since he is leaving the next morning I have to have it done!

Long story short I finished it and tokk the pic and well hail its full of mistakes but I like it .....and David loves it.

mpspeedy 08-03-2009 11:09 AM

Been there done that have the T shirt. That is why I don't participate in block of the month etc. Also why I rarely take any kind of class. I learned a long time ago to just do it. THat is the way I approach household chores that are far from being my favorite like washing dishes, toliets etc. As a quilter for hire I have had to work on some doozies.