Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Having trouble with Fons And Porter BOM (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/having-trouble-fons-porter-bom-t59332.html)

Rachelcb80 08-14-2010 05:01 AM

Back in May I ordered a BOM from Fons and Porter. It's a monthly mini kit, each one a little quilt on it's own. The description in the magazine and online said you would receive each kit the month before so you could have it finished to display the next month (ie: you'd receive December's Christmas one in November so you could have it done for Dec.)

I placed my order on May 20th and waited, and waited, and waited, and finally at the end of June I emailed customer service asking about my order. They claimed they were behind on orders or something like that and that I should have it shortly. It was mid July when I got the first one. Now here it is mid August and I have not received any other ones.

So in three months now I have received ONE block of the month. I checked my bank statement and don't see where they've charged me at all but I really don't care to continue sitting around hoping they'll finally send me another one. I emailed them last night informing them that if this was how it was going to be I would like for my BOM order to be cancelled.

Anyone else have issues with Fons and Porter? They've ensured that I will never order from them again. :(

martha jo 08-14-2010 05:04 AM

I have ordered kits from them before - not block of the month, and they came right away.

wvdek 08-14-2010 05:39 AM

Never done their BOM. Bummer for you.

CoyoteQuilts 08-14-2010 07:49 AM

Sorry to hear about F&P. I wonder what is going on with their company? I have read that one is not working as much. I think something was said about her wanting to spend more time with family due to the family member having health issues. I wonder if that has upset the apple cart?

BellaBoo 08-14-2010 08:23 AM

I think F&P was bought out and their name is still on everything but they have no real say so how the company does business. I heard they made several million, I don't know if that is true but it makes sense why recently their customer service has gone down hill.

pookie ookie 08-14-2010 10:02 AM

I bought a kit recently. It's on backorder. I wasn't notified. Figured it out myself, eventually.

If they did sell the company, maybe it's just a transitional customer service problem. Hope everything works out.

franie 08-14-2010 10:04 AM

Fons and Porter broke up. Probably the main reason for not getting things in a timely way.

littlehud 08-17-2010 08:09 AM

Sad to hear. They have been a mainstay for years.

terri95470 10-12-2011 04:59 PM

Hi There, I also have signed up for the BOM... they were a little slow at first, but I am getting them on a regular basis now. I have received September and Octobers and am expecting Novembers any day now as I have received an email that it was on its way. Today is 11/12/11... if that helps at all.