Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hello, has anyone got the Quiltcut2? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hello-has-anyone-got-quiltcut2-t18606.html)

stephanie6 04-06-2009 05:18 AM

Hi,
I am very new to quilting, but not very good at it. This group really appealed to me, so many experienced quilters out there. I also love to use my embroidery machine and to make cards using my Cricut machine. I am thinking about buying the Quiltcut2. Has anyone out there got one? Do you like it? Does it cut accurately? I'd love to hear from some of you. Thankyou

signitwright 04-06-2009 08:15 AM

I don't have one, but my best buddy ha one. We are at each other's house almost daily. She is intimidated by it, but I love it and use it more than she . As with everything else in quilting, it just takes practice.

Pam W.

Jim's Gem 04-06-2009 10:43 AM

I don't have one and have nevery used one, just wanted to welcome you to the board from Southern California.

Roben 04-06-2009 11:27 AM

Welcome from Iowa! I have the QuiltCut2, and I just love it. It definitely helps me cut more accurately. I love the way it holds the fabric and the placement of the handle really makes a difference.

stephanie6 04-07-2009 03:22 AM

Thanks so much for replying.
I am thinking of buying the Quiltcut 2, but as it is rather an expensive piece of kit, I wanted to find out what other users thought of it. Is it easy to use? Has it really made a difference to your cutting ability? Is it easy to store? Sorry to go on, but I want to make sure it is actually what I need. I hate cutting and am not very good at it either, so thought this would be ideal. Anything you can tell me about it would be so useful - good or bad. Thanks so much. Audrey

Quilt4u 04-07-2009 04:12 AM

Just wanted to say Hi & welcome you to the borad

LindaR 04-07-2009 05:02 AM

I worked on the one at the LQS and can't say I'd ever want to own one. You would have to use it alot of justify the cost. The shop owner thought quilters would be bringing in their fabric (and buy some) to have it cut but that hasn't happened yet. I did jelly rolls and charm packs

Mousie 04-12-2009 03:57 AM

LindaR,
One of the biggest reasons people don't take advantage of something, is lack of information. If your LQS owner is offering to cut fabrics on Quiltcut2 for free, or has a price in mind, if she doesn't already have this info posted where it can easily be seen, she would be doing herself a favor. Also, a few details, as sometimes ppl want to know, but just don't bother asking about one more thing. They are afraid to say no, once they do.
I am somewhat interested in a Quiltcut 2 myself, or that other one, can't think of the name right now...accucut? thought the Qucut2 might be less expensive. Wonder how long the blades on them stay sharp, and the cost of replacement, etc.? :D

The bottom of my reply just got shortened????? :roll:
Signitwright, I had asked as your friend sees you using hers, do you know why she is intimidated by it? Do you know what she paid for it, and what kind of guarantee etc. came with it?
People with fibro. and arthritis could really benefit from info, thanks. C :D

pflum1 04-12-2009 05:38 AM

Regarding the quiltcut2, Shopper Rule has them on a discount, but they are still pricey. They store in a small suitcase, but addition cutters are a storage problem. I find that they wasted a lot of fabric. They do cut great and once you figure out how to use them they are fast. But, I don't use them as much as I thought I would as it's more like cutting around template sewing and I have found I can use the sew/cut method for most quilt patterns and it's much faster.

Mousie 04-12-2009 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by pflum1
Regarding the quiltcut2, Shopper Rule has them on a discount, but they are still pricey. They store in a small suitcase, but addition cutters are a storage problem. I find that they wasted a lot of fabric. They do cut great and once you figure out how to use them they are fast. But, I don't use them as much as I thought I would as it's more like cutting around template sewing and I have found I can use the sew/cut method for most quilt patterns and it's much faster.

Pflum, I really don't like wasting fabric, but what's the sew/cut method?