Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   help with language (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-language-t6137.html)

DonnaRae 04-13-2008 09:21 AM

I tried German, Aussy, Hungary, Dutch, and more. None interpet. But I did not notice the link MoonPi put. I tried hers but it is a dead link. I will go back to the site and see what I can find. You all have been very helpfull!

michaela 04-13-2008 01:38 PM

I can assure you that it is hungarian. I am from Slovakia which is the neighbor of Hungary from north. My fiancee is also from Slovakia, but from south part that also speaks hungarian. I had him look at it and he said that it is normal hungarian. I am not sure why the converter won't work. I might try myself, if not maybe he can help you with translation.

michaela 04-13-2008 01:42 PM

I used free online translator hungarian to english:
here is the link with english tranlastion. Enjoy!!
http://www.tranexp.com:2000/InterTran?type=url&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.quilting.h u%2Fquilt-techniques%2Fstrips_curves.htm&text=&from=hun&to=e ng

DonnaRae 04-13-2008 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by michaela
I can assure you that it is hungarian. I am from Slovakia which is the neighbor of Hungary from north. My fiancee is also from Slovakia, but from south part that also speaks hungarian. I had him look at it and he said that it is normal hungarian. I am not sure why the converter won't work. I might try myself, if not maybe he can help you with translation.

I don't know either. I tried three different converters. Hmmm, Strange. Maybe I will try again. :?: :wink:

michaela 04-13-2008 01:44 PM

It is not perfect but maybe will be enough to follow the pattern

michaela 04-13-2008 01:47 PM

Actually more I am reading that translation it is kind of weird. Hmm you'll need a lot of imagination to figure it out maybe. If very confused let me know maybe my Ed here will help.

DonnaRae 04-13-2008 01:51 PM

You left that converter message as I was leaving you a message. I went there and it is way more then I was able to get. Good going! It is enough to understand it. :D

michaela 04-13-2008 01:55 PM

I am glad. Good luck! Hope we will see soon picture here.

tlrnhi 04-13-2008 02:36 PM

Here is what I got.
There are some words that just would not translate.
Hope this helps....

Ingredients:

stuffs diverse colour and tone
long ruler
nominate, felt paper, etc. dark and luculent stuffs
belt-line knife and cutting
pin
sewing machine
good quality doubling
flat-iron and flat-iron board
revolvable cutting
sample templates:
Pimps & Strategist

This is a very simple and spectacular quilt, that type, from which it can't be 2 uniformly readied!

1. Right, appropriate scenes and tone sorting the stripes, then the background.

The stuffs that's perfect his selection already it's afraid it's a success!

THE scenes specifically important part of her the quiltnek, already very much such texts volume means plus, that only evvel deals. THE appropriate scenes, patterned stuffs is it interesting visual vision érhetünk off.

One colorific such mickle our help can be, where egyből láthatjuk, that the different scenes in what way spigot egymáshoz.

There is not unequivocal recipe the stuffs mintáinak his selection relative nor: egyaránt használhatjuk the tiny patterned and the greater patterned stuffs. Yes pleasant influence érhető off, if unchanged samples stuffs uses, only többféle colour.

Perceptible the triplicate unity: the first colour prevail the supremely, the second already kevesebbszer present plus, the triplicate but only the remaining members strengthens, raise who.

Important the scenes fulness ( dark, medial fulness and the luculent ), for instance. the luculent scenes össze she knows "mosni" the edges. Or használhatunk such stuffs, amikben they're strong the foil ( for instance. one luculent substance dark samples..) or somewhat foil ( meanly luculent substance dark samples...)

2. The " new" substance preparations: the readied ( ironed) stuffs same broadness stripes vágunk.

Provided that, mekkora quiltet they want, ill. how many substance stands the rendelkezésünkre 1" or 1,5" ( haply 2" ) broadness. Very important the exactness!!!!!!

Minél szélesebbek the stripes, annál less colour run into be the quiltünkbe, but annál more simple the preparations, since less suiting score will be.

THE stripes összevarrásánál uses evermore tiny ( 2.0) öltéseket.

3. These the stripes that's correct whip, everything stitching after irons. Take care, that the pay-off straight should be!!! THE varrásráhagyásokat opened vasaljuk.sokkal( livelier dolgunk will be the automatic stitching során)

4. Lay-out doings: If there is idea, lerajzolhatjuk one with paper, that way the labour során livelier will be eligazodni. Very floaty unmake, thus not injures scribe or number the lumps.

First run-up próbáljunk one more simple, since órákig off can be with it fiddle.

Here presented one inspires the untold many out of, hátha it helps nectar betake..

5. THE get-up: since the templates transparently, that way látjuk, that mi will be the results, if stumps. THE get-up pipy bladed uses. Practical or the stitching dowel, or to that score squarely.

THE template already contains the varrásráhagyást. Then important this, if some formából stumps, then again visszavarrjuk. for instance the small sphere in the event of, if this way not score, the pay-off one smaller, tojásforma will be...

Huge hasznunkra can be in this case one revolvable cutting, much livelier the íveket also censor.

Much more simple the task, if the striped substance ellendarabjaként evermore one background stuffs tailor ( the abutments because of)

6. THE stitching: Evermore littlest, i.e. quarter inch varrásszélességgel paper. Evermore ügyeljünk the seamy meeting, illesszük them that's correct!!!

The ívek összevarrásánál for the first time with fire össze the in the center, then the rims some of the pin. Warily stitches till the end the ívet, while uninterruptedly regulated the stuffs the appropriate direction ( such huge our help can be the my knees, if there is the engine-room) Take care, the pin yet on time húzzuk who! Ne stitches through them, since tönkretehetik the tűt.

Never ne húzzuk plus the stuffs, the száliránya because of inclinable to that that lengthening.

THE sewing machine supposes be so, that the pin the stitching evermore underfoot should I stay, that way whenever stops, the substance stay put off.

Absolutely the seamy after irons. Practical the one stitching out at the other intro- the ívet, that way these találkozásánál won't be mickle anyagtorlódás.

7. Compilation: the compilation already very simple, since from here starts only squares paper upon. THE lay-out on the basis whip the squares then, than everything quiltet, this also enframe. Ne spares the időt ( and stuffs) one she's nice, thereto suiting frame!!!

8. THE further way the usual in the kind of welter, hátlapozzuk and with fire. Prepare at him bújtatót and stitches at him ticket. Back thus simple! Then feasts the made remekművünk szépségében!!!

With this the technikával I was made the 2007-es porticoes visible quilt also.

THE volume címe, from which I had worked: Louisa L.Smith: Pimps 'n Curves.

THE official honlap címe : www.quiltescapes.com

Moonpi 04-13-2008 02:56 PM

Half of this techniqu - the circles - has been around since the 70's. We used paper plates, cups and saucers and such for templates. The addition seems to be a variation on string quilts. Another addition on that long, long, list.