Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help me decide how to... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-me-decide-how-t207636.html)

feline fanatic 12-04-2012 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO (Post 5698285)
The quilt is beautiful
FelineFanatic. Any chance of a tute on how to plan free motion quilting same as you have just done but a bit more. I have just leant more reading your bit than any book utube or class.

Aww, that is so sweet of you to say. Sometimes the quilts just speak to me and sometimes I have to commune with them for quite a while. NYGal's beautiful quilt was a regular chatterbox. LOL.
I don't think I would even begin to know how to write a tute on something like that. It helps to be a little crazy too. LOL

margee 12-04-2012 02:51 PM

I am totally blown away by both of the quilts from the pictures. The colors, fabrics and patterns are stunning. Also learned frm feline fanatics quilting recs. PLEASE PLEASE BOTH OF YOU POST PICTURES OF ANYMORE QUILTS THAT YOU DO. I would totally enjoy looking at them Thanks.
margaret

nygal 12-04-2012 03:13 PM

[QUOTE=margee;5698623]I am totally blown away by both of the quilts from the pictures. The colors, fabrics and patterns are stunning. Also learned frm feline fanatics quilting recs. PLEASE PLEASE BOTH OF YOU POST PICTURES OF ANYMORE QUILTS THAT YOU DO. I would totally enjoy looking at them Thanks.
margaret[/QUOTE

Oh you are sweet. You can view many of my projects in my profile. Enjoy.

alikat110 12-04-2012 04:39 PM

Glad you for the help you needed. The quilt top is beautiful.

k9dancer 12-06-2012 04:25 AM

Feline gave you excellent advice IMHO.
BTW, I love your color palette. That is one HAPPY quilt.

quiltmom04 12-06-2012 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Toni C (Post 5697790)
OK lay it out on the table.Get one of those plastic paper protectors and a dry eraser pen (I usually cut the plastic open then lay flat for size) doodle what you want on plastic laying on quilt. (put a small blue painter tape border around plastic so you don't slip and mark quilt), erasing what you don't like until you get a design you want. That way you can see clearly your block and what it's going to look like with very little trouble.When your done and have something you like you can trace on tissue paper or transfer any way you prefer.If you use tissue paper use either markers that wash out or maybe the new frixion pens 've been hearing about on the tissue. That way if you stay on the lines and it gets stitched in and smears slightly when you are plucking it out you are safe

You can also print out ths photo (low resolution is fine ) on regular printer paper and just doodle on it till you see a design emerge that you like. That's what I generally do when I don't have an immediate inspiration.

oldtnquiltinglady 12-06-2012 08:03 AM

That is beautiful; be sure and enter it in your county fair next year. It is a winner for sure.....

nstitches4u 12-06-2012 08:25 AM

Your quilt is beautiful.

sunnymom 12-06-2012 08:32 AM

I agree with the SID. Then some nice fill in work. Your quilt is beautiful! :)

sueinstitches 12-06-2012 12:16 PM

:shock: I totally agree with Feline That's a beautiful Pattern Good Luck!:thumbup: