Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   help need advice- Husqvarna Viking #1 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-need-advice-husqvarna-viking-1-a-t81297.html)

debbieoh 12-07-2010 03:35 PM

Someone is sselling a Husqvarna Viking #1 machine for $350.
Here is the info she sent me:
It is a Husqvarna Viking #1. It does do the embroidery and I have all the owner’s manual and how to video’s. It is about 9 years old but it has only been used about 20 times. I also have tons of different arms for it like quilting, darning. I never really learned how to do all the things on it. I just took the basic class after I got it and never really used it to its full potential. I got it at Cindy’s sew easy shop and they still give lessons on this model. It is a great machine but like I said I never use it.
What does everyone think?
Thanks
debbie

debbieoh 12-07-2010 03:37 PM

sorry forgot this too
Comes with all the manuals, embrodery hoops, carring case, too much to list

champagnebubbles 12-07-2010 03:42 PM

I just looked on e-bay there is one starting bid 800.00
you should look there.

donnajean 12-07-2010 03:46 PM

I'm not sure about the age of the Viking #1. My sister bought me the Viking Rose in 1996 & she had the Viking #1. I don't think my (now deceased) sister had any complaints about the Viking #1 & I am still using my Viking Rose. My Rose was the cheaper Viking model & cost over $900.00 back in 1996. I would ask how many embroidery disks come with the machine as these older machines had "cards" you had to buy for the various designs that were very expensive. I think you can buy the computer program so that you can download designs, but this is not cheap either.

Are you able to test drive the machine before purchasing to make sure it is working properly? Remember, it is a computerized machine, so if not stored properly, may have received damage.

Originally Posted by debbieoh
Someone is sselling a Husqvarna Viking #1 machine for $350.
Here is the info she sent me:
It is a Husqvarna Viking #1. It does do the embroidery and I have all the owner’s manual and how to video’s. It is about 9 years old but it has only been used about 20 times. I also have tons of different arms for it like quilting, darning. I never really learned how to do all the things on it. I just took the basic class after I got it and never really used it to its full potential. I got it at Cindy’s sew easy shop and they still give lessons on this model. It is a great machine but like I said I never use it.
What does everyone think?
Thanks
debbie

grannyQ 12-07-2010 03:59 PM

I had a Viking Designer 1 and I really liked it. It did help very much that the dealer did show me how to use the embroider module. I made a queen size quilt using the emb module on the Designer 1. The dealer had classes we could sign up for this though. It helped with getting everything hooped up the right way. You can't go wrong with that price.

hobbykat1955 12-07-2010 04:06 PM

For that price go for it. I wouldn't buy any other machine but Husqvarna's...I have a Lily 545 I love and the Designer SE which I can't live without...The machine your talking abt probably has the Sensor foot like the SE...once you can pivot without lifing the foot manually you'll no go back to any other machine...

Treasureit 12-07-2010 04:11 PM

You might need some classes...if they still give them for that machine. Call a local Viking dealer and see if they can teach you about it. It sounds like a great deal.

Candace 12-07-2010 04:14 PM

If it's in good condition that's an excellent price.

akrogirl 12-07-2010 04:21 PM

Snap it up while you can, especially if it has all or most of the available cassettes. Those older Vikings were real workhorses.

grannyQ 12-07-2010 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
For that price go for it. I wouldn't buy any other machine but Husqvarna's...I have a Lily 545 I love and the Designer SE which I can't live without...The machine your talking abt probably has the Sensor foot like the SE...once you can pivot without lifing the foot manually you'll no go back to any other machine...

It does have the sensor foot. I traded up to the SE and I think it's a great machine too. I haven't done too much emb yet, but i have really liked it.